Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

mmmm. I hear what you`re saying but can things be worse than we have at this moment? I say no. Pep is worth a go.

Realistically speaking, why would he leave a guaranteed trophy haul for a challenge at Arsenal?

I’d like Allegri quite simply because he still has that hunger, that desire to win the Champions League. He’d also sort our defence out. We’ve gotta walk before we run.

Knowing Wenger, if he knows he’s leaving, he probably wouldn’t even get us to qualify for the CL if he knows he won’t be with us next season

Then why not Simone? Hed sort the defence in no time at all. Its one thing buying top class strikers but we leak goals like a balloon full of holes.

He isn’t going to have to do much for that to happen anyway.
The way things are going, we’re going to struggle to make the Europa League. let alone the CL :wink:

I`ve heard people say that Wenger is purposely messing things up because he knows his times almost up.

I have said it for a while also that this seems like sabotage, who in their right fucking mind does what wenger is doing with the team lineups etc.

1 Like

CL, is just a pipe dream and will remain like that for a while. Me personally, Id rather we weren`t in it. The only thing its provided has been false hopes but a long line of income to line the pockets of ST and other board members. Im not interested in how much revenue we make…I want us to challenge for the EPL and other honros

1 Like

Man, i just dont know. I hope its not true but as you say, you look at some of the teams and formations and tactics…or lack of them and you scratch your head.

The idea that Wenger is purposefully messing up but only to the point of us still being good enough for 6th is truly ludicrous.

This. Is. His. Level. Now.

5 Likes

Me too.
This is the strangest season I can remember.
It’s as if he is trying to leave us with very few young players and a team full of older, experienced players on very high wages.

This is also why I’ve been convicted for a while he is leaving at the end of the season.
Because another season of this nonsense and he really could drag us down further.

But there has been notions floating around that Wenger is DEFINATELY going at the end of the season. In addition, it could be a health issue too. I`m not kidding. People have suggested that he may be suffering from a mental issue.

If delusions of granduer and narcissism are mental issues, then he definitely is.

Although it means the supporters that are suffering from it more than him :grinning:

:joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Henry sounds to me the worst candidate of the 10 or so names I’ve heard so far. Including Owen Coyle.

2 Likes

Henry, Arteta, Loew. These are ludicrous suggestions, we have money and have some very good players, we don’t need to muck around with names like these. Tuchel and Ancelotti are freebies right now, we could go for either of those or could try and buy someone out of their contract.

11 Likes

Jardim really ticks all the boxes to become our next manager. Whilst he’s only 43 years of age he’s already 15 years active as manager and has worked on every level. He has shown the ability to develop young players (obvious examples at Monaco). He seems to be flexible in his coaching; Monaco had a very defensive approach until 16/17 and now they are playing attacking football (sometimes maybe a little too much). During his tenure at Monaco he also learned French. Which to me means he is prepared to make an effort as far as the communication thing goes.

From the other obvious options (Simeone and Allegri); question is if they are attainable and how much of the success of Allegri is contributable(?) to the quality organisation Juventus is? I favour Jardim because he has shown the ability to work with changing circumstances (Monaco overnight changed from a big spender to a club which buys, develops and sells u23s) and do that successfully. You could argue Simeone is frontrunner because he actually brought Atletico to the top from a position were there were a competitor for top four. Very similar to the situation we are currently in. But I just don’t think we can get him. If I’m not mistaken he renewed his contract again too.

I don’t know enough about people like Hassenhutl, who was linked with us, to really have an opinion about him.

5 Likes

To be fair Tuchel and the Hoffenheim guy are equally as ludicrous.

I’m not sure those two names are equally as ludicrous.

2 Likes

You are right. Leow is a bigger coup than the two.