Who will be the next manager?

Why do people follow Arsenal if all they do is take the piss? Can understand giving it about the Manager, the board or the players but Arsenal are Arsenal, since the 30s, one of the biggest clubs in the world… There wont be a shortage of top managers wanting to come here…

5 Likes

benitez -henry is a disaster combi . i want dennis berkamp with another person to help out . im not sure who . we need to go deep into the youth setup which is a mess .

Reason Brady left… Needs a shake up from top to bottom…

1 Like

Don’t care what way you try to justify it, appointing a manager that’s highest achievement is finishing 12th in the Premier League would be underwhelming. But for me also it’s more about How he seems to be another " nice guy" type. I want a manager that’s very different in personality to Wenger.

1 Like

Its also the fact that we have tried to somewhat rebuild (poorly i might add) If we get a decent manager who knows we might very well be able to keep ozil and sanchez. I fear if we go for someone like Howe not only will we have an exodus on our hands but who the fuck is Howe going to attract. We would go to a CL team to a midtable team and fuck knows before the damage is finished where we will end up.

2 Likes

Our next manager?

The Sun :joy:

15 players out, 15 players potential new players (with 8 homegrown players).

:joy:

3 Likes

“Oezil - Leave”
“Xhaka - Leave”
“Wilshere - Leave”

I hate The Sun. :unamused:

5 Likes

Geoff Arsenals a prick aswell… Stitched some people up over tickets i believe…

They started the Vieira to leave rumours aswell… They got that right…After 5 years of saying it… Fuck the press cant trust any of them…

1 Like

:poldi:

2 Likes

Despite it being utter drivel i find the format of that article quite gripping.

Could pick plenty of holes in all of it no doubt but Mertesacker leaving really caught my eye. Classy defender and absolutely worth holding onto, more so than anyone but Kos really (in terms of CB). I hold him in the same regard as Mustafi.

Could well be that he is leaving then, because can you imagine carrying on at a manager in that way without having some serious heat come back at you. Its not the first time this has happened this season either it has happened with other players disrespecting him…its almost as if to say ‘what are you going to do your leaving the club isnt going to put you over me if you are going’

I wouldn’t say it’s that uncommon tbh.

Is not the first time when Allegri has problems with his players. Only this season, Dybala, Bonucci and the swiss right back had problems, but sincerly, the question over his relationship with Bonucci has only one sense: he wants to win every game, Bonucci too.

1 Like

The Sun. Enough said :xhaka:

I googled this and there were actual quotes from Vieira himself.

They use the Sun as their source indeed.

He wanted to leave in 2001 we couldn’t sign Carrick because of him going back and forward on his contract (not a really strong for this though tbh, one of the more known Arsenal blogs out there).

A lot of shit has been given to RvP, Nasri and Cole, but it seems like other proper legends were just like them :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

New challenge in the most watched league in the World I’d imagine. Also he could potentially double his reported 3.5m a year contract. Moreso he will be given time to settle by our board too so wont have to stress too much about getting sacked.

2 Likes

It’s something I always remember about Vieira aswell. I don’t think he’s any less of player, without him our team would’ve been significantly weaker. In fact when looking back at our squad back then the names that stand out to me are always Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Campbell, and Vieira. The great duels between him and Keane have defined an era I the Premier League, and defined probably our most successful squad under Wenger.

I never got the feeling that he truly valued the club though. Perhaps a little harshly considering the success he, in part, gave us. I guess the thing that separates his legacy from those you mentioned in down to his ability as a player and how crucial he was for us. Otherwise he’d be viewed with the exact hate aimed towards RVP etc.

1 Like

It looks like the talk surrounding Tuchel at BVB has gone quiet which may be a good thing. Having watched a lot of Dortmund these past few years courtesy of Fox Sports 1 owning Bundesliga rights in the US I don’t know that Tuchel would satisfy some of the more rabid Wenger out folks.

He definitely has a way with younger players but, for example, the past week Dortmund lost to the side at the bottom of the table and followed that up with a poop sandwich of a performance away to Benfica in the CL.

Some adjectives to describe those performances? Disjointed, unprepared, naive. Oh and there was a bizarre coaching decision that saw a young kid thrown in at a vulnerable position leading to an awful performance. Sound familiar?

Tuchel has the advantage of actually being young enough as a coach to be naive. I’m pretty sure the match away to Benfica was his first UCL knock out match.

1 Like

To be fair to Tuchel, Dortmund are in the midst of a rebuilding phase.