What was the last film you watched?

Cinema Paradiso (1988)

A young boy growing up in post-war Sicily begins a lifelong love affair with film after befriending the loving but somewhat grumpy film projectionist who works in the village picturehouse ‘Cinema Paradiso’.

What an honest to God beautiful film. I absolutely loved it. 5/5.

1 Like

Murder on the Orient Express

An OK movie but I expected more as an admirer of the genre. It was way too dramatic instead of interesting and confusing, especially towards the end. Even if you haven’t read the book, halfway through you can already tell who’s the murderer. The development of the story was not dynamic enough which made it far easier to catch giveaways. You expect somewhat of a chase, instead you get a leisurely train ride. The story has so much promise that even though the film is not bad, it ultimately disappoints a little because it doesn’t live up.

1 Like

Molly’s Game 7/10
Seen this last night at a secret screening. Didn’t fancy this film from the trailer so wouldn’t have chosen gone to see this but glad i have seen this it’s a Entertaining and funny film(sarcastic humour).

This is brilliant lol

1 Like

Coco

I was seriously impressed by this movie, I absolutely loved it @Phoebica. 1,000% go see it in the theaters when it comes out. 97% on rotten tomatoes as well. Probably the best Disney movie I’ve seen in a long long time. There are a lot of inside jokes about the mexican culture, that’s where the scene of the movie is set, so those might go above your head. However it’s still a fantastic film.

2 Likes

Mental. I don’t think I’ve ever got anywhere near that amount. The guy rivals me though for good taste to awful taste. :wink:

What We Do In The Shadows.

Sort of Spinal Tap with vampires, by the Flight Of The Concords pepole. Thought it was brilliant. Don’t know how I missed this one when it came out a few years back but glad I found it.

1 Like

Ministry of Fear (1944)

A man just released from a mental asylum for the killing of his wife accidentally stumbles across a suspected Nazi spy ring in war-time England.

Fritz Lang directs an enjoyable enough film but nowhere near as good as his previous that I’ve seen. The ending is hilariously cheesy and lives up to just about every classic cinema stereotype there is.

1 Like

Love Actually. For the 64964th time.

Added to Netflix today… in case anyone wants to watch it. Which should be all of you. @JakeyBoy included.

I object to that film so strongly lol

1 Like

But Jake, it has been scientifically proven that Love Actually is the best Christmas film ever made

But that’s Home Alone mate

2 Likes
  1. Love Actually is better than Home Alone.

2. If you want to use Home Alone as an argument, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York is better than Home Alone

3. When did we become mates?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re insane.

2 Likes

I am right. Like always.

The second one isn’t even believable. Which doesn’t stop me from liking it but it’s just a cheap imitation of the first one.

I only realised recently that Trump owned the plaza at the time it was made which explains why he was in the film. :smile:

I think Die Hard is the best christmas movie of all time tbh

carl_winslow

4 Likes

Trump appears in Home Alone 2.

And also, I was told that the best ice cream can be found in Trump Tower.

I tried. It’s crap.

I’m confused as to why you’ve said this. :slight_smile:

Oh sorry, I wasn’t aiming what I said at you. I just clicked reply under your name rather then the general reply.

FYI, I have moved on to “What Happens In Vegas” now

1 Like