What is the outlook for this season?

Wenger is a cunt for the way he set us up in the first month of the season. Hate the way he treats the first few gameweeks as opportunities for bullshit experiments. Rests half the fucking first team and plays a bunch of fullbacks in the back 3. We could have had a much better start to the season than this wanker allowed us to have. Hatred for him only grows every year he decides to stay on.

4 Likes

What annoys me soooooooo much with it too is every single FUCKING YEAR, its the same story the fucking season starts and we have multiple shit games then wenger comes out with ā€˜we arent ready because of ā€¦ā€™ what in the fuck were you doing preseason? We are never fucking ready, whether it is he hasnt got all the signings he needs yet or the preseason friendlies took their toll or some main players have not had a preseason or whatever the fuck else he comes up with. Why is it that every other cunting EPL team can get their shit together but arsenal somehow can never do it, not once in a while either every goddamn season.

2 Likes

Sighā€¦ I had hoped that the team would finish on the optimistic end of predictions, not @Robin_L that was spot on.

The away form is just a clown show.

1 Like

I donā€™t care that Iā€™m wrong. In August, iā€™m yet again going to predict us to have a good season, with a top 4 finish. Thatā€™s how I roll :sunglasses:

2 Likes

We lost to Stoke and Liverpool, drawed against Chelsea. That is pretty much how we performed against said teams in former seasons in away games.

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong. Your gruff demeanor is perfectly OK with me. I knew this season would be worse than last season. And I think next season will be slightly better, but until Wenger leavesā€¦ weā€™re not going to accomplish much of anything. Iā€™m still holding out hope for Europa League so we can play CL next year, but not much hope.

3 Likes

First game of the season is less than two weeks from now. What do we think about the 18/19 season? I think itā€™s obvious my view of Arsenal being lead by Unai Emery is sceptic at the least. I think/hope Tottenham are going slip a bit, because of their lack of activity as of this point and their squad getting a bit older. If we get in to the Champions League via the Premier League largely will depend on the season Chelsea are going to have. Iā€™m not sure we are going to be good enough to achieve that on our own strength.

I do expect an Europa League win.

Weā€™re going to win everything and Emery will stay for 20 years

9 Likes

So you donā€™t expect us to beat Chelsea to top 4 but you expect us to beat them to the EL?

How does that work?

Because I think we have a higher chance of beating them in a h2h KO-round than achieve a higher level than them over 38 games and finish above them. We also might not play against them in the Europa League.

1 Like

I expect the Europa League and to be back in the fight for the 4th spot.

1 Like

I expect to win the prem, simple as dat ALL HAIL KING UNAI ! :unai:

1 Like

Top 4 and Europa please.

Iā€™d be happy enough with a close 5th and the Europa.

Anything less is a failure tbh

80 Points minimum in the league, deep into the Europa.

Hopefully a few good domestic cup runs as well.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that i predict Spuds to win about -1 to 0 trophies

ā€œWhat is the outlook for this season?ā€

I would say it is: excitement.

To be brutally honest, I just wasnā€™t that bothered anymore the last few seasons. Getting pummeled by Bayern, Barca and the likes each season in the CL. Predictably scraping Top 4 and equally predictably disappointing whenever we go on a good run. The few FA cups in recent times were nice, but I couldnā€™t feel the same happiness as I did many season before the last few.

I am now properly excited for the new season under a new manager and with very decent personnel at our hands. Letā€™s do this. COYG!

3 Likes

We are going to be excellent going forward but leak loads of goals. Bold prediction.

Optimistic that we can produce better than we did domestically last season. Iā€™m genuinely excited to see an Arsenal that is well drilled and organised and unlikely to get absolutely battered by anyone.

However, I do think the kind of changes Emery is looking to make are not made instantly. I think it will take most of the season for the routines and roles to really bed in. Iā€™m not saying we wonā€™t see an immediate improvement, because I think thereā€™s an appetite from the players for Emeryā€™s approach but naturally getting it right is going to be a bit of a process.

In terms of outcomes, I think the team we had last season was good enough for top 4 in terms of talent, and I think with the additions Emery will be able to get us back into the Champions League. I donā€™t think weā€™ll win a trophy, because I think the league is going to absolutely take over. I canā€™t see Emery taking the two domestic cups very seriously given what his remit is, and only if the league goes very wrong do I imagine the Europa League becoming a priority, which was Wengerā€™s outlook too. Iā€™m ok with that though, weā€™re now at the stage where getting back into the Champions League is an absolute must.

1 Like

To win more than three away matches

3 Likes

I think weā€™ll be much more competitive than last season, but I still see getting top 4 as a struggle

1 Like