Westworld (Sky Atlantic)

In a futuristic theme park staffed by artificial beings, guests can live out their wildest fantasies. However, when the robots begin to run amok, the guests find themselves in a world where anything can happen…

From executive producer J.J Abrams and writer/director Jonathan Nolan and featuring Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris and Thandie Newton.

This starts tomorrow at 9PM on Sky Atlantic.Got massive hype and seems interesting. Anyone gonna watch it?

Simpsons did it!

2 Likes

Watched the first two episodes. It’s ok. Not sure what the hype is all about.

How did you get the 2nd episode? As far as i know only the first episode has aired… I would love to get my eyes on it

I watched the first episode of this and - as usual - didn’t have a clue what was going on for most of it, but I like the premise.

It’s based on a 1973 dystopian film by Michael Crichton, and as I’m a fan of Crichton, JJ Abrams and Sky Atlantic stuff in general, i was always gonna watch this.

Check out the original film version tho.

This show is excellent, it was a slow burn at the beginning but it’s picking up the pace now.

Episode 7 was awesome with a great twist, anyone else still on it? If not you’re missing out big time.

It’s already been renewed for a 2nd season and apparently they’ve mapped out five seasons in total.

I don’t usually tend to judge a show off one episode and I usually do give shows a bit more if I can see the potential. Just couldn’t get into this at all unfortunately.

I survived 3 episodes. Never again.

2 Likes

I’m on Episode 5 and really enjoying. Great concept and understand decision to effectively neutralise drama of first two episodes and establish the differences between the game and real world.

Feel much less confused on a pretty complex idea because of it.

Gave it 3 episodes but didn’t get it. Who are we supposed to care about? The “robots”? Their creators? The customers? Meh.

Agree with you @shamrockgooner gave it the first 3 episodes and didn’t have a clue wtf was going on so gave up. Not for me!

There’s a lot of layers to the story and three episodes isn’t enough to get it, if anything the initial episodes where more setting the scene for what’s to come later.

It’s a shame some of you guys gave it up as it’s getting very interesting now, things are picking up.

I think all of my favourite shows I knew who I liked/cared about within the first or second episode. Walter White, President Bartlett, Bart Simpson, Frank Underwood and so on. Scene setting is fine but it felt more like filler than anything else to me.

Anyway no need for me to comment further here, I didn’t get the show and wont be tuning in again. :slight_smile:

Can you give a little insight? I really want to like it but just didn’t find anything actually happening.

Last night was a great twist and carnt wait 2 see what happened in the reminding 3 episodes.

Favourite scene from the pilot. Soundtrack just kills it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmOXlt83jtI

Only on episode 2 or 3, just haven’t had the time to get through it yet. Intrigued though and it’s obviously not a show you can just understand straight from the off. There’s a worthy payoff for sticking by it clearly. It’s just that very few have the patience for that kind of introduction and build up.

Phenomenal season finale, the writing has been excellent the acting is top notch.

Will definitely be watching it back again, there’s so much subtlety in this series and with everything we know now it’ll be a different experience.

What a pay off at the end…Samurai world in season 2? Make it happen HBO!

Wowsers…brilliant series. Loved every bit of it.

I agree. Awesome. Anthony Hopkins has been fucking immense!

Best show I’ve seen in ages.

Plus the season finale was very satisfying. Tied up a lot of key stuff whilst also leaving some questions for S2.