West Ham v Arsenal (PL)

Would rather a winger at RB tomorrow; Ox or Niles given that West Ham aren’t the most drilled outfit in the league at the moment. Sounds like Wenger is gearing towards Gabriel starting back there again though. Our left flank has to be deadly if that is the case. Iwobi to come back in again?

Cech

Ox/Niles (Gabriel) - Kostafi - Gibbs
Xhaka - Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott - Alexis - Iwobi

2 Likes

perfunctory “must win” comment…

Does a feel a bit like pressure is mounting… too many dropped points recently and the Soton debacle on top of it…

Right now I’d just like to see a decent performance and let the chips fall where they may.

1 Like

Where has this Ox at RB business come from?

In vogue since Moses seems to have transitioned well into WB, but yeah, that has disaster written all over it. I think our best option (sadly) is Gabriel.

1 Like

As in, “judge me in May”?

From a West Ham POV Cresswell is a big miss too. Whoever is in that position is going to have Walcott running at them!

They also haven’t beaten us at home in the league in 10 years. I’m going 1-4.

He was brought on to play there a couple games back no?

ummm, huh? I am just saying with Bellerin out and Jenks sh*t and Debuchy out, we are left with a paucity of options, Gabriel being the best one imho. I was responding to Ollie’s question about RB and Ox.

I think he HAS come on at RB late in games where we are chasing and basically attacking. For 90 minutes I can’t really see AW chancing it.

Well Mustafi is the best option - as he actually has a decent amount of right back experience. But yeah, without breaking up that Kostafi partnership it has to be Gabriel.

2 Likes

Chelsea didn’t invent moses in that position though. He did something similar for Wigan years ago when they played 343. He just sort of bombed up and down the wings and was pretty bloody good at it!

1 Like

I truthfully don’t remember that :smile: was it the PSG game by chance?

Against united. He was playing RB when he assisted Giroud for the equalizer.

1 Like

^Ja.

Start Ox and go for end game and then bring Gabriel on to shore it up. Theoretically speaking of course.

We’ll win by the odd goal, by virtue of being the better of two struggling teams. And them having no functioning full backs.

We need to be ready for Andrew Carroll this time, last year’s match was admittedly great to watch for a last ever visit there

1 Like

Can see it now…Carroll header…commentator absolutely jizzing about his return…papers next day saying he should be in England’s 2018 WC team

Fuck off

5 Likes

Shot of Monreal looking perplexed with hands on hips, Koscielny trudging back to the halfway line for the restart, head bowed

6 Likes

We usually do well at their ground apart from last seasons fiasco.
Dont see them beating us 2 seasons on the run.
Both teams not right at the moment and sense a few poor defensive moments from both sides.
Think it will be a2 2 draw in the end.

1 Like

arsenal What’s your favourite goal away to West Ham? Is this one from @thierryhenry up there? #Henry #Arsenal #WHUvAFC

3 Likes

Brilliant goal that. I absolutely adored that away kit though! one of my favourites for sure :kosc:

2 Likes

Nooo, it has to be yellow. Yellow makes the best away kit.

2 Likes