Virgil van Dijk

ffs.

I think he said something about Liverpool as well. Iā€™d imagine there was more to it than a throwaway comment like that in any case.

1 Like

Moved to ā€œEnglish Footballā€, doesnā€™t really fit here any more.

You mean we canā€™t sign him anymore Jakey? :disappointed:

1 Like

Fair enough itā€™s nice that a CB gets it for once, and it is between him and sterling, but imo Raheem deserved it more

1 Like

Perfectly fine with VVD getting it so long as Liverpool donā€™t win the title.

1 Like

Is that the first Dutchman since Bergkamp, to win it?

Canā€™t really argue with it. I think the argument that VVD is more important to Liverpool than Sterling is to City is a fair one. Liverpool would be far weaker without VVD. However, I would have gone for Sterling too, though what he does off the pitch may have swayed me there.

2 Likes

Horseface surely won it one of the years??

Did Van Persie or Van Nisteltwat never win it?

Not sure.

Edit: Yep, Ruud in 2002. RvP in 2012.

1 Like

They both won it actually. 02 and. 2012

2 Likes

Heā€™s been instrumental in turning them into a team that can get 90+ points. Without him, their ceiling is considerably lower.

Agree with @Phoebica that heā€™s been more important to Liverpool this season when compared to Sterling. Both had fantastic seasons but VVD edges it. Best defender in the world right now.

He marshals their whole defensive unit immensely well, gives confidence and composure to all the players around him. Deserves it even if Liverpool donā€™t win the league.

2 Likes

Um lads do you know something we donā€™t?

When did we sell VvD? :arteta: Was it fucking Gazidis again?!

Haha that was my bad. Moved him back out now.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s all this aura chat I keep hearing about van Dijk - didnā€™t know this was a thing lol

No idea why he just stands and watches as Sancho puts the ball into a gaping net. Lazy cunt couldnā€™t be arsed to close down.

Heā€™s trying to cover two positions, because Gomez went walkabout.

And Gomez went walkabout because TTA was miles behind the play.

VVD should never have been in any discussion of greatest CBs when his career was an 18 month patch at Liverpool where everything went perfectly well for him.

Positionally suspect, lazy and heavily reliant on his physical abilities.

He had lot of issues with concentration at Southampton and those issues have become a problem again post ACL injury where his body isnā€™t where it was.

2 Likes