US Police and Black People

But isn’t this kind of hypocrisy?
When we want to talk about Police Brutality, then we play the race card. ‘Black lives matter’ ‘US police & Black People’ and so.
But when we talk about crime stats, We don’t want a skin bifurcation.

It seems biased towards black community. People are as likely to investigate a white homeless junkie as it would to a black guy.

And the funny thing is I agree with you. If white population were mostly poor, their crime rate would have been high.
Crime is definitely more down to financial positioning.

However, since large population of black community is under poverty zone, perception of a given black guy to have criminal intent will remain.

Taken from http://www.census.gov/population/race/data/ppl-ba13.html

You can see that in black community, 25% of overall male population is under poverty while only 9% of white male population is under poverty. Which means 1 in 4 black guys is likely to be unprivileged wealth wise & likely to commit crime. While 1 in 10 white guys is likely to commit crime.
Human perception is highly affected by this.

Teenagers are even worse, 37% to 11%. (1 in 3 as opposed to 1 in 10)
Even when they are old, they don’t have their shit together 14% to 5%.

I emphasised on the word ‘Socio-Economic’ factors for this very reason.

I don’t think there is such disparity in UK, hence you guys are unable to comprehend.

1 Like

Unfortunately your graphs and statistics all come with points of view . Any person can make graphs .to make their case look better . There is a real world out there and real people are getting blown away week after week by the cops and they are black. This kind of behaviour has been going on for a long long time only now its on camera . cant wait for the autopsy on the pastor to show he had no drugs in his system and his prints were not on the vial . wonder how that got there oo lets think about it.

I don’t even know where to begin with this but to say tiron shut the hell up I could say worse but I won’t. The fact you graph and stats are a biproduct of the social ills put in black America gives no historical context to the issue. Like the war in drugs in America that destroyed communities research it youll find it targeted black communities. In fact the government put the drugs and weapons there. Weed is a drug that both white and black use at the same rate but you can only guess who is disproportionately target and given longer sentence because they communities are policed more, they are targeted more (there is evidence and testimonies to prove this). You will also see that most jobs were moved out overseas so there were no jobs. You will also know that for black women to get welfare they had to kick men out the house thus starting fatherles homes. The narrative that black are more aggressive is false and just a racist ideology and is very inflammatory. Black America has always been under attack 50 years of civil rights has done nothing but made the situation worse that is why I stand by Malcom x and not Martin (there is a reason they feed black people king and not Malcolm). 400 years of skavery 100 years of Jim Crow is not going to be undone in 50 years. We are talking about a country where kids were given time off school to watch a black man bbq, a country that still in its constitution has black people are 3/5 human and should not enjoy same rights as whites. It was a country where the banks did not loan money to black so they can start they own business and even today charge them at higher rates for the same loan. Poverty breeds criminality it goes hand in had that’s why black hoods are kept impoverished and education unfit for purpose. Most US laws came in to practice at the end of skavery to put blacks back on the plantation same laws are used now for private prison which are the new slave labour camps. So don’t come with that bs about aggressive crap when a police can pull up to a child playing in the park and gunning him down within two seconds.
Hands up you get shot
Hands down you get shot
Walk away you get shot
Walk towards you get shot
Lay down you get shot
Coooperate you get shot
Assert your rights you get shot
Adult get shot
Kid gets shot
American police are trained to fear blacks that’s why they kill them at a higher rate and quicker than whites. But to be fair they kill a lot of they own citizens at a high rate, but blacks more than any other. America is a scumbag country with the highest person population in the world because it’s business and they politicians are in on it. But again I’m not surprised by tiron Indians hate darker brown people and love they white oppressor

Have you visited the U.S.? And if so, what places and for how long?

Let’s clear things up a bit.

@Trion do you think black people are naturally more disposed towards criminality and aggression? Or do you think that all those stats you produce are more down to social or economic factors?

It’s also proven that minorities get stiffer sentences for the same offenses as whites.

1 Like

Not more down to, completely down to

I have used the word ‘socio-economic’ throughout.
I guess an Indian has better understanding of what that word means than bunch of Americans and Englishmen.

I don’t think they are naturally, genetically, hereditarily or inherently inclined to do so.
I don’t think Black people of UK, Germany, France are subjected to such socio-economic factors so I don’t consider them as prone to commit crimes.

@ljungbergkamp no I haven’t been there.

All those are socio-economic factors.
Stop being so emotional if you wish to enter a sensitive subject.
You have to be open to other aspects of debates as well.

1 Like

I gave you a historical back drop your stats and graph does not count the socio economic or historical context of what poor and enthnic America is going through. Let’s make no mistake poor white America is going through the same thing but not as bad. I’m never emotional you just seem ill informed my friend

1 Like

Your stats don’t account for socio- economic context, historical context, racial ideology, false arrest, and cultural biasis. The stats have disparities it doesn’t account Heavy handed policing in black areas or how lenient the police and judicial system is to whites. Stats born from racial ideology only reflect the racism that it is born from. The whole thing about blacks are more aggressive is pseudoscience based on no credible evidence it was something that was drawn up in the 80’s to justify policing in black communities. Hey I am black my brother Ryan info is black we’ve never been arrested but have been stopped for just walking home! We don’t look aggressive most people I meet find us charming and very approachable; I’ve got a degree and studying to do another, my brother has a degree and just finished psychology. There many blacks like that but you wouldn’t hear about that because it doesn’t fit the media narrative, to keep the status quo we need an enemy first it was blacks now it’s muslims.

3 Likes

People have a choice. They can choose to be a police officer or not. Nobody can choose to stop being black.* That’s the difference.

*In before Michael Jackson jokes.

2 Likes

I understand why as a black person, you would take my posts personally.
A similar dilemma I have faced myself.

During recent years, India has been under scrutiny because of major gangrape incidents. We were so much under limelight, Indians men were referred to as rapist.
I didn’t like it because I am not a rapist, everyday i would come across hundreds of honest Indian men who respected women.
But there was just no denial to the fact that we have a large population in Tier 2, Tier 3 cities under poverty & stress that once in a while they would snap & such incident would occur.

We have a major problem & instead of us Indians being blind to that fact, we have acknowledged it.
I was at a petrol pump where the guy at the till commented to me on some girl wearing skirt & how is she being shameless. I proactively took a min to explain him that that’s not a good outlook to have.
There is a big cultural shift going on starting from my generation, right from littering to corruption to marriages to women empowerment.

Changing a perception doesn’t happen by shouting & correcting someone stating that they only see the bad side & there is a huge population of good Indians/good blacks. It happens by social grooming & takes ages.

If you have seen ‘People vs OJ Simpson’, you have this character Mark Fuhrman. A racist cop but demeanor extremely professional to mask his racist nature.
That’s what the police department will become, if the protest have any effect at all.

1 Like

The problem we have trion is that there is an oversight by society and media to over look the majority and soulie focus on the minority problem; in saying that people of colour get blanketed with false ideologies and false perceptions.

@Trion some of the the stuff you have said here would not be completely out of place in this furst poster.

If you don’t think there is an issue in that, well more power to you, but I find it troubling that this kind of thinking still exists.

By the way those are real posters put by real people in the deep south of…Michigan. In 2016 lol.

I always wonder how people live with zero reading & comprehension skills.

I acknowledged gun control, racism and attitude of black community in same line. However since you guys concentrated on only the attitude aspect of my post, I had to elaborate on it.
Whatever I said in this post was not an excuse for racism.

But sure go ahead with ignoring my valid points and making it out as if I am racist who thinks there is no issue.

Shot 7 times at close range with his children in the car. What the fuck is wrong with the Police in America. This is absolutely horrific

Just saw the video.
That’s a murder in broad daylight. They could have easily pulled the guy down on the floor instead of shooting him.

The audacity to do that after the whole protest 2 months ago…why don’t these guys learn?

Complete dismantling of the police force needs to be done.

The moment he opened that car door, and reached in, the dye was cast.

But he should have been restrained long before it got to that point.

1 Like