Unai Emery

During that time, they’ve cut ties with Wilshere, Perez, Coquelin, Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez, and Debuchy, with Campbell and Ospina also likely to leave this summer. That is a pretty large number of first team players gone in less than a year.

I think it makes some sense to give Emery a chance to see if players like Xhaka, Elneny, and Mustafi can be useful parts of his team but also to give them a chance to play decently enough to recover some value.

1 Like

Class :clap:

5 Likes

So Unai Emery, the young coach who had guided Los Rojiblancos to the promised land in his first season in charge, plucked a dice from his pocket. This, he told his wide-eyed charges, was how he was going to pick the team. Not because he hadn’t spent months planning and tweaking every last detail in preparation for the campaign – the devil, for Emery, has always resided in the details – but because his trust in every single one of them was unshakeable. So he rolled.

:laughing:

1 Like

Yeah I read that dice story. I reckon the gaffers a few fries short of a happy meal

We are such a classy club .

1 Like

Imagine if Chelsea gave a pennant to Sarri for his first match.

It would have to be the size of a pair of curtains just to get the names of all their previous managers on it :grinning:

3 Likes

Fuck me! They want his head on a plate. What a bunch of cunts.

What are they going to “sort out”? Even if those 2 are the greatest defense tacticians in the history of football, it can only take you so far. The “Jimmy’s and Joe’s” matter more than the X’s and O’s.

While being better organized will certainly improve things, the defense is in need of some talent upgrades in a big, big way. Mustafi/Xhaka shouldn’t be in a starting lineup for a league game.

What have they got to sort out ?
Probably the shyte defending since they both retired
Next question please

lol at all this doom and gloom. It’s been one game ffs.

10 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

You’re missing the point. There needs to be a massive upgrade in talent on defense. Arsenal’s backline is midtable or lower quality.

While I’m sure that they could help the defense become better, Emery might be able to as well–perhaps, let the team play a few more games first.

At the end of the day–tactics and organization back there only take you so far. Arsenal need an influx of talent back there.

2 Likes

Scandinavians are ruling this forum tbh. This is just another proof that we have the best posters on OA.

3 Likes

I’d say probably the British. Especially if we include Ireland, they absolutely love it when we include them in British things.

That’s down to Wenger, tbh. He has left the club in such a mess that most of our fans can’t just wait. They want everything immediately.

Sorry but as has been pointed out by others league position and Wenger’s contribution to the extension of the defence negates this and I call on you have a read up on it. (Please in no way think I’m being condescending btw but sincere…:slightly_smiling_face:)

Rioch quit after a year because of the shower of shit GG left behind. Don’t get me wrong he’s a legend but we were about to implode. Booze, Coke and gambling were and addiction with several players (sometimes all three!) - some playing games smashed off their tits or coming down off 4 day benders. Our football getting us 10th I think and was cack and boring as fuck and Highbury Library was not a great place to be believe it or not. Great when your ripping teams to shreds in the Wenger pomp years but sometimes when i was there as a tiny lad the filthy banter was the best thing over the 90!!

Anyway in a nutshell as mad as you may be with AW - hes not left this club “in a state worse than GG” or Rioch or any previous Arsenal manager.

:+1:

3 Likes

Yep very.

See above!

We demolished Chelsea couple years ago, in Conte’s first year there only for them to become champions that season.

Now, I am not saying we will win the league, but it is possible to change the mentality of the team in short period of time…

1 Like

I’m hoping that Emery is able to improve the team’s mentality for away games. With just average form on the road the team can challenge for a top 4 spot.

Yes Provided we manage to win 15 of our 19 home games again like last season.

1 Like