Unai Emery

Didn’t understand the substitutions at all. The took off Ramsey for Laca only to put Auba wide while both Mhki and Ozil were having shit games.
Then he replaced a defensive midfielder with another one while we were chasing the game and had Iwobi on the bench. At some point he had to go 2 up top, but was afraid to and didn’t want to concede more goals.
Starting Guendouzi was also a mistake IMO, while he was energetic, there was no end product or composure on the ball. Should have started Torreira with Xhaka from the start.

Can’t find his post-match quotes anywhere. Was there no press-conference?

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/latest-arsenal-news-emery-monreal-15021786

1 Like

Totally disagree, when Laca came on for Ramsey we actually started putting some pressure on them. Ramsey had virtually no impact on the match and I was pleased when Emery made the substitution early enough.

The Torreira substitution was just about limiting the damage as far as I could tell.

1 Like

IMG-20180812-WA0002

2 Likes

Hahaha that’s really poor banter when you consider Citeh led 3-0 at the Emirates after 30 mins last season, so we lost 4 or 5 zip yeah it would be somewhat amusing.

2 Likes

Anything with Wenger in now is boring tbh.

3 Likes

Loved the way he gave instructions from the touchline. Wenger would have just sat there lifeless. If the players see an energic manager on the touchline they are more motivated. Also loved the way he analyzed the game. He is someone who loves the details and to improve.

1 Like

Agree. Refreshing to hear a manager talk about tactics and needed improvements in the post match presser. Not all about spirit and playing with the handbrake kinda bullshit :wenger:

3 Likes

Image Wenger. “We lacked sharpness”, “I do believe in this team mental strength to bounce back”, “You can’t play just after the end of the WC” and so on.

1 Like

So painfull listening to him about bouncing back on our 8th loss in a row.

Unai is a workhorse and i do believe his ideas will transmit to the players in the coming months. Patience is defo needed in these times.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the timeless classic
‘We are building for the future ‘
Fucking Wenger Clown .
One thing for sure , when Graham was relieved of his duties, he left a disciplined team , Wenger has left mediocrity and a shambles .

4 Likes

Good article.

3 Likes

The changes he made made us play better and I have hope that he is a guy that learns from his mistakes. He will certainly be analysing what went wrong today in detail.

2 Likes

Feck me, no Telegraph subscription :unai:

1 Like

So are we going to ignore the fact he shunted our creative player to the wing, so that he could free up Ramsey? Or the fact that after bad first half he still let xhaka on the field?

1 Like

The Ramsey thing was to be expected, in big games I expect that to happen tbh

Yeah but with that we lack creativity and control where we needed it. If actually think about behind Ramsey was xhaka… need I say more; xhaka can’t press well, he can not control high tempo games, error prone, ffs he was out shined by a 19yr.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t ignore it but we also shouldn’t think it’s a done deal that he does that for the rest of time either. It gonna be at least a dozen games in before I form any sort of opinion about him tbh.

3 Likes