Unai Emery

Emery already fails at the first requirement; progressive, entertaining football. But I know nothing.

I wonder if Jardim was one of the seven :confused:.

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/999403128859648005

Surely Pires would be perfect for the local assistant job? Knows Spanish presumably from his time at Villarreal and is literally begging for a job lol

I guess him or Henry.

1 Like

Sounds like a job for Bouldy and Pires to me!

“He came in extraordinarily well-prepared, with a detailed knowledge of Arsenal Football Club. He had an analysis to share with us, not just of his ways of working and of his ways of coaching, and the team of people he works with, but he had an analysis of all of our individual players, their qualities and how he feels he can help them develop individually and collectively - in detail. Also an in-depth knowledge of our off-the-field team, and how they can contribute and how Unai’s team would mesh with them productively.”

:giroud3:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing Carcedo in the dugout – will be a totally different experience to watching Bould. For one, he actually gets out of his seat and yells at the players. He’s very fiery and has been sent off on occasions. I think he’s going to be my new best friend.

:mkhi:

5 Likes

Almunia?

1 Like

He has a fucking heart condition don’t make jokes you sick bastard

6 Likes

You are right he has got Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Shouldnt stop him from becoming an assistant tho.

Yeah those sort of comments have a negative impact on me instantly, teams that aren’t tight at the back are rarely ever title contenders. The only one I can remember being contenders is Liverpool 13/14.

You know that’s actually a popular myth.

Like you’d think that, and I thought that too, but i looked it up and the evidence shows that the best attack wins the Prem much more often than the best defence.

I’ll link you the article when I find it.

Edit: here it is:

https://twitter.com/weststandtone/status/999297080328904705

9 Likes

You pretty much have to be top 2 at both ends to win the EPL, that’s the reality. You need to score 85+ goals generally whilst conceding 35 or less to have a chance.

Not if you win every game 5-4 :wink:

2 Likes

That’s what we needed. A manager with passion who is gonna give everything for us. Exciting time ahead.

2 Likes

I smiled every time he said “explain” yesterday. For those who haven’t heard the way he pronounces it… :laughing:

12 Likes

We conceded 17 goals in 1999. 17!

Still only came second.

3 Likes

I’d take 17 goals conceded and 1 point behind the Champions haha.

I suppose the benefit we have is that Emery doesn’t “know” any of our defenders. I don’t even think he had Mustafi when he was at Valencia (correct me if I’m wrong)

This opens a contest for the young defenders to try and show their worth. To try and impress the new gaffer. Not to make stupid mistakes and then get a paternal pat on the back like they did under AW. Competition breeds success

Goals conceded and goals scored says nothing about how defensive or offensive the style of a team actually is. Chelsea was first in goal scored in 05/06…

I don’t think it says nothing, a lot of the time it provides some sort of indication as to a teams style. It just shouldn’t be considered the be all and end all, because you will get outliers like certain Chelsea sides for example.

1 Like