UEFA Champions League

UEFA has certain requirements for a stadium in order for CL fixture to take place there. They range from advertising spaces, capacity, away fan section, security and even sponsor on the bench chairs!

WHL was not deemed suitable because of the construction. It made sense so the FA let the spuds use Wembley

1 Like

Because they gave the FA a fuck load of cash.

That Monaco shirt is tasty

I knew someone would make this response. And honestly I don’t really know.

It just seems a bit of a weird concept to me. If such a massive stadium like Wembley is available for Champions League, why doesn’t Chelsea take it every year?

I didn’t know either that’s why I asked :wink:.

I reckon because they are not rebuilding their stadium (obviously). Spurs have played their other CL-games in the past at WHL, didn’t they?

Because money and it’s not exactly a real home game anymore at Wembley. Sure you have your fans there but it’s lacking the same atmosphere.

1 Like

Because they wouldn’t fill it and we’d all laugh at them.

1 Like

They aren’t as well supported as spurs, and for spurs supporters it’s still a bit of a novelty actually playing in the CL, so they will easily fill it up.

Gonna watch Juventus and Borussia today.

I’m watching Dortmund Madrid - is that the one you mean?

2 Likes

Exactly :ozil2:

I’d love to see Dortmund smash them and it definitely could happen. Must see TV.

2 Likes

I think I may watch Borussia Dortmund - Real Madrid…Not sure though :wink:

@Luca_from_Italy You watching 2 games?

Love how tomorrow, 2 of last season’s semi finalists face off in the group stage. :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, italian tv for Juventus and streaming for Dortmund.

Brad Friedel: “Christian Pulisic…I’m gonna say it…Is the best prospect in US Soccerball history”

So us English aren’t the only ones putting unneeded pressure on youngsters before they’ve proved anything.

:smiley:

Also said that there’s a few USMNT youngsters in Europe that wouldn’t be given the opportunities in the MLS.

1 Like

Exclusive picture of Cocktor before the game:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/Comp_Matches/01/93/91/42/1939142_w2.jpg

3 Likes

got a link for that GFI?

I am switching from Juventus and Dortmund on the same tv in the end.
Benzema hits the post!
Wow Castro! Great free kick, but Navas saves. Great start to the game.
WTF were Dortmund doing here? Risky high-defensive line.
Castro should have shoot better, as it was basically a penalty from outside the box.
FUCK OFF CLATTENBURG! Stonewall penalty not given to Dortmund. CR7 playing volley. Dortmund growing into the game now.

1 Like

Handball man?!

1 Like

Unlucky Dembele. Just off the bar.
Benzema :arteta:
Fucking lucky cunts. They score when they play shit.