Thomas Lemar

He should be reliable, shouldn’t he?

Since Manchester City invested heavily into two up-and-coming wingers it makes a lot less sense for me for them to invest a lot of money in Sanchez.

I am going to presume he’s gone from here either way, it being Bayern Munich or Manchester City. Maybe he’ll choose to leave on a free, but I’d be really suprised if he signs another contract with Arsenal.

‘spurs ITK’ is blatantly that girl from Twitter

https://twitter.com/Lexus7Sanchez/status/879819401134034944

HYPEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

How bad will it be for us if Lemar is replacing Sanchez next season?

(I’ve never seen Lemar kick a football).

He got 14 goals and 14 assists last season and if it wasn’t for Mbappe he would be the young French talent everyone would be talking about.

4 Likes

true that. far better than anything Martial has ever done.

It’ll be a long season.

People should read this before expecting him to come here and replicate those numbers.

http://statsbomb.com/2017/02/identifying-ligue-1s-next-big-breakout-talents-2-thomas-lemar/

2 Likes

I keep seeing us getting linked with players and the first thing I think is but what if they’re meant to replace Ozil/Sanchez, sucks dick that I cant just imagine these signings as Giroud/Theo replacements.

4 Likes

Cazorla replacement all day

6 Likes

Only 30? Would be great.

Lemar is more important signing than Mbappe, Lacazette or whatever.
I have been raving about him since his early Monaco days.
Earlier it was all scouting fun to find new young debut for SM Caen so I bought for soccermanager.

When he transferred to Monaco, he quickly became their go to substitute as he capitalise on his chance by scoring(few out of nowhere kinda) or assisting.
And by second half, became a starter. Plus he is excellent with set pieces.

Why I say he is important? Because he will become the third person who could match Alexis -Ozil’s chemistry.
We often mentioned how Alexis Ozil only find each other and how others are incapable of matching their intelligence.
Lemar can be that guy who can match their intelligence and pull off passes that Alexis Ozil expect of their teammates.

They will have someone to play off on, who is not static in his approach to game.

Quality player. I hope we sign him, so much so I posted here again. Sign him Wenga.

5 Likes

Good to see you about Trion lad :+1:

3 Likes

The same could be said for Mbappe.

We are going to regress anyway. Outside of the Spanish clubs you probably won’t find wingers who are better than Sanchez. But what can they do? They fucked up.

Have to say I’m a bit 50 / 50 on this transfer

2 Likes

He seems suited to a Rosicky (in his early Arsenal days)/ Hleb type role, with perhaps a bit more goals in him than those two.

Have to wonder how Iwobi will manage, as that sentence could describe him too. But obviously better to have more options than lack them as we have in seasons past.

Tru dat @Trion , important to have players that can keep up with the quality and speed of thought of the other top players, just like Rosicky and Hleb with Cesc back in the day. Can’t agree it’d be more important than Mbappe though. :grimacing: Because Mbappe can do that and also score and create bucketloads of goals.

3 Likes

I still don’t think Monaco will accept to sell him. They can’t lose every player of their past XI: Fabinho will go, Bernardo Silva and Germain just signed for other teams, many teams on Mbappe, Bakayoko will leave, Mendy has many concret offers around the Europe.

They haven’t financial problems and probably they kept Jardim with the promise to not demolish the team. They are current L1 champions, will play the Champions League as one of the pot 1 leaders…

Really like how quick not only physically but mentally Lemar is between the front lines. Seems to already have a ‘trademark’ drop the shoulder move down to a tee. He looks like he would be a fantastic player to have.

1 Like

Monaco are a nothing club . Stepping stone for the bigger clubs.