Thomas Lemar

But he didn’t say Mbappe :santi2:

1 Like

Fuck me it’s like a merry go round in here.

This will play out as we want it to. Just give it time.

This is the best horse on the merry go round right here!

Player is still keen on a move to the Emirates, just down to whether we will come in with a big enough offer…£55 should do it but doubt we will go there when we could get Mahrez for £10-20m cheaper.

Different players. Different skillsets. If both have been identified as suitable both should be bought tbh

1 Like

Well, it was no secret that their players were being hotly pursued by many clubs. So if we were serious about Lemar, we should have been more decisive and acted fast. But we dragged our feet and now it might not happen. Of course, all this assuming we were even interested and when I say interested, I don’t mean Arsene’s "we are always looking to sign kwaliteee players’, I mean a player we have identified as one of the top targets for this summer.

Anyway, I don’t think a top 4 finish needs Lemar if Sanchez is staying.

2 Likes

Fans are the ones conjuring up ideas of why this wont happen. If it was a no we would have known by now.

Maybe they think that because sources like L’Equipe keep saying bids are rejected and Ornstein said it would be very difficult too close this one?

:santi:

I kind of want to scream JUST GIVE THEM THE FUCKING £70M OR WHATEVER NOW YOU CUNTS, but at the same time I want to be reasonable and logical, understanding that negotiations work like this.

44.7m in todays market for a player of his calibre seems lowballing. I think we have to start with 60m at least.

2 Likes

Thanks to God you are not a football manager.

FFS! Why can’t we just offer them what they need? :hipster:

I think their owner saying “we are not going to sell Lemar” approximately 6 times now is something of an indication.

If your opinion on Sanchez is that he still might go then fair enough, you just think universally they’re a bunch of liars. If your view is that Wenger is genuine in HIS repeated assertion that Sanchez stays, then that’s weird for me.

This is the summer of money, of statements being made and confidently backed up by money. Sanchez isn’t being sold this summer. Lemar isn’t being sold this summer. They will both just have to go into a corner and sulk for a few weeks and then get on with it

We wouldn’t be making repeated bids if no deal was possible.

Repeated bids can be as much about positive PR and spin as much as anything else.

It’s worth bidding sometimes just because “we tried to sign him” and all that.

My hope is that all this nonsense gets resolved with us getting back in touch with Leicester, a club who actually will sell their asset this summer

2 Likes

Again, something conjured up by cynical fans.

2 Likes

One person’s cynic is another person’s realist.

Pure tinfoil.

2 Likes

That’s cool, I’ll come back to you on this when we end up not signing him then :+1: