Thierry Henry

5 years ago today, he scored his first goal in his comeback stint, against Leeds.

Proper goosebumps moment.

6 Likes

Jonker has left in the past couple of days.
The mind boggles

Had no idea we paid him so much back then.

40 Years old today :cech:

The Arsenal Twitter account are all about Henry today, not that Iā€™m complaining, Itā€™s another chance to watch his best moments. This goal v Man United is his best ever :heart_eyes:

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/898134320144986112

No goal he scored will ever top the emotion I felt more than his beautiful goal at the Bernabeu.

2 Likes

and probably still a better striker than 3/4 of them in the EPL

:rofl:

3 Likes

That one and Ronaldinhoā€™s chip against Chelsea are two goals Iā€™ll never forget.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/993268330088796162
https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/993382243631554560

8 Likes

Yeah I have to admit, Henry didnā€™t really seem full of praise in the interviews I saw of him with Souness and Redknapp after the celebrations etc.

Donā€™t think Henry and Wenger are on as good terms as they used to be.

2 Likes

Probably because of what happened with the coaching that time. You can see where both were coming from on that one in fairness.

Yeah, although I do admit I side with Wenger on that one.

I donā€™t think you can be coaching and a pundit at the same time and still realise your full potential as a coach. Not fair to the younger players either.

He could easily just have been a Euro/World cup pundit and then coached the Arsenal sides during the season.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a shame he took skyā€™s money instead of coming back to the club and coaching and coming through.

Oh well.

Plenty other players didnā€™t show up either tbf

2 Likes

Yeah but JĆ©rĆ©mie AliadiĆØre turned up, and thatā€™s the most important thing

2 Likes

Finally!!!

8 Likes

I honestly thought it was pretty poor .
I was hoping to see a guard of honour with all the ex top players , Freddie, Bergkamp, Seaman , Wright , Dixon , Winterburn , Overmars etc etc
Taking nothing away from a very emotional day it would have been an even bigger tearjerker to see the old players .

2 Likes

Donā€™t think heā€™ll make a particularly good coach anyway, I donā€™t think itā€™s a huge loss for us.

Much more excited to see how players like Arteta, Mertesacker, Lehmann, Ljungberg etc. turn out in their management/coaching roles.

I sure if Wenger had wanted a long line of the greatest players who have ever played for him there yesterday heā€™d have had it imo. Unless itā€™s said otherwise Iā€™m going to assume that the club offered to arrange something like that and he didnā€™t want it.

Wasnā€™t there even a tweet posted on here about the club proposing a guest list for the game and him rejecting it? (not that Iā€™m basing my opinion on a tweet I canā€™t even remember lol)

Henry always criticizes Wenger on Sky so it is not a surprise he wasnā€™t at the Emirates yesterday.

1 Like