Theo Walcott

I think Ozil is off as well as Sanchez, so that attacking line up looks good for a mid table club.
Just imagine if that was our starting line up next season.
We would become a mid table club :wink:

This is the best news Iā€™ve heard in a long time. Never really understood what Theo brought to the table as a player. He happened to be the only recognizable name in a team that had just lost Adebayor, Cesc, Nasri and RvP in successive transfer windows and reaped the benefit.

I donā€™t buy into the idea that he cares more about his non-football ventures than football. However Iā€™m sick of him and think heā€™s come to represent the epitome of a Arsene Wenger player. Heā€™s smart, quick with a quote, savvy about his image and ultimately comfortable not being challenged or willing to challenge others.

5 Likes

Exactly.
He, like Wenger and several players, are on the Arsenal gravy train where complacency rules and ambition is a dirty word.
Like you say, Walcott represents everything wrong with the club.
Physically and mentally weak, complacent, overpaid and lacking a winning mentality.
This type of attitude is why Sanchez and Ozil want out, and why we wonā€™t be able to attract any quality players here to replace them.

2 Likes

This is so not true.

Possibly the best business we do this window is to offload this guy.

3 Likes

Depends on how much money we make anything below Ā£20m and weā€™ve been had

Getting him off the wage bill would be enough for me.

3 Likes

And anything above Ā£20m, theyā€™ve been had

6 Likes

anything above Ā£20 and they have been had TBH!

2 Likes

Ā£30M is a fair price. Donā€™t let Theoā€™s shitness at Arsenal deceive you, heā€™d be a great player for any club outside the top 6

Weā€™ll be lucky to get Ā£10m

2 Likes

Just someone PM me when Wally Walcott is finally gone, Iā€™ll buy the cake and distribute it appropriately

5 Likes

You know what, I think youā€™re right. For the first 3 months of last season he was a starter and doing alright and heā€™s had a consistent record over a long period that would make him a good buy for any 6th-10th side. Heā€™s about as proven a PL attacker as any of those teams are going to get.

But Iā€™m afraid that heā€™s simply going to have such a reputation as damaged goods that he wonā€™t command a fee that heā€™s worth. My guess would be something like Ā£12m max.

Heā€™s done no less in the PL than someone like Sigurdsson who is about the same age and was not cheap but he played for a club that needed him and didnā€™t want to sell. Buying Arsenal players that can barely make the bench, you arenā€™t spending Ā£30m there.

I reckon the fee will be between 18-22m

1 Like

They just got 75m from selling VVD if we donā€™t get a chunk of that our negotiating team is worthless.

1 Like

Define chunk.

At least 1/4.

2 Likes

18/19m. Yea. Should achieve that.

1 Like

We should get more than that for a homegrown in his prime with 100+ goals from the wing and nearly 50 caps for the three kitties. Iā€™m not sure we will, but we should. More like Ā£25-30m imo.

We could have commanded a good fee for Theo if he didnā€™t become an absolute non entity at Arsenal to the point where he doesnā€™t even make the squad sometimes. And when you factor in his big wages, thereā€™s no way weā€™re getting a good fee for him.

5 Likes