Theo Walcott

No you said he’s one of the best scorers in the PL :joy: I’m buzzing he signed a new contract with us as well he’s gonna be great this year :grinning:

1 Like

While we are at it, can you please quote me saying how ‘Theo was average & we should buy someone better’?

Im worried he’s lost his pace , he was awful last season but I’m hoping he can still yet come good .
Like many players at Arsenal weve frustratingly only seen glimpses of goodness from him in the last 10 years rather than consistent performances and goals, due mainly to the style we play and injuries.
His lack of movement and working the CB’s when playing as the lead striker worried me last season and I havent seen much yet to suggest he’s learnt from that .
Its time to perform Theo ,no ifs no buts !

Did I really say that? What date? Fucking hell what was i thinking.

Or the part where you said Ox was better! :innocent:

I still say that.

Ox is anytime better than Theo.
Ox actually is a footballer to begin with.

Both are mainly athletes to begin with, with Walcott being better so far in making the best out of his strengths while Ox is still trying.

In the sense he’s a top class dribbler Ox is better, in every other sense Theo is better

2 Likes

[quote=“Calum, post:164, topic:89”]
Did I really say that? What date? Fucking hell what was i thinking.
[/quote]You can see the date he’s quoted in his post, 31/7/15.

Trust me I won’t.

I’d much rather Ox would succeed this season than Theo. He has some better attributes and has a decent long range shot on him, it’s just weird he can’t seem to finish to save his life when it actually matters.

At the highest level mentality plays a huge part and is something you usually need to spend the extra 10-20 million to get with a player, for that reason alone I can’t see Ox making it here and he’d probably enjoy playing football more at somewhere like Southampton.

Shame because I don’t consider him a total waste of space like that twat Theo.

Yeah, god forbid Ox actually contribute with the occasional goal or assist like Theo, or make opportunities with his movement off the ball.

Seriously, you’d think Theo made an attempt at Mesut Özil’s life the way Arsenal fans have turned against him in the past year. I’m glad @BigWeng_4LYFE does something like he does above, it’s a good reminder of how violent and emotional a turn it has been, for reasons I’m still trying to grasp.

2 Likes

Theo deserved every bit of stick he got last year. He held out for a bumper contract then started playing like a complete cunt. There were times he couldn’t even control the ball properly for fuck sakes.

For a 10 year veteran, holding the club to ransom and being so fucking timid on the pitch is not acceptable in the slightest.

This season he has started well. I say well, more like what he should he should be doing all the time.

If we wanted someone to just score the odd goal or assist we should have just kept Podolski, he was much better at it than Theo and wasn’t a total puss in boots either.

Like MM says with a ten year education at a club like Arsenal combined with pace that mere mortal men can only envy, Theo should be one of the best English players in the world by now, instead he can barely make the national team lol.

1 Like

But that’s not how it played out. Theo held out for a better contract after a massive season fair play. The contract isn’t a big deal and Arsenal as a club had a bad reputation of losing our best players. Reading through the Theo thread he was rated in our top 3 or 4 players by the fans, and OA. The following fall/winter he was scoring for fun and we were top of the table at christmas. Then he did his ACL and he’s been recovering ever since. In the last 2 years he’s only played about 1500 minutes and a lot of that is sub appearances. I think it’s a bit of revisionist history as to why Theo takes so much abuse as of late.

What other sense is there in Theo’s game?
His best & only attribute is running without the ball.

Can’t head, can’t pass, no vision, no close control, can’t score long range goals etc. etc.

What are these other sense that Theo excels ahead of Ox?

Theo Walcott has always been shit. It’s more like the eyes of people finally have opened up. Took long enough though.

Off the ball and being in the right place. He also is a better finisher with a better final ball and overall decision making. He tracks back and presses better to.

The Ox is more talented but his movement and decision making lets him down every time and it has for what 5 years now? His end product is simply substandard and he doesn’t even press to make up for it.

The stock basics, yep. Some goals would now be a nice addition to what he’s building on now.

He actually was the most lively of the front three starters today.

1 Like