Theo Walcott

What is this logic you speak of?

In fairness he did track back a lot more than usual. Expect him to now not do this for the rest of the season.

He had a better game than a lot of us thought he would. He is still frustrating and lacks the needed quality, still gets dispossessed too easily, has no physical presence etc but he worked hard in the first half. Took his goal extremely well and looked hungry for more. Tracked back a few times to just add bodies in defense. Can’t ask or expect more from him. Second half was poor but then so was the whole team.

Crazy talk, I know.

I’m not actually disappointed in Theo or the backline for that matter. The team was put into such a difficult position to start the season due to a very poor transfer window. Sure, I’m assuming that even Wenger knows he has to buy someone now, but as I’ve posted numerous times before, I’ll never understand why the decision was made to start the season with a weakened lineup, especially when you know that you’ll be missing a few starters to start the season. Throw in some injuries and still no decisive action.

Wouldn’t be mad if there wasn’t funds available to do something about it. The self inflicted crisis once again is quickly turning me apathetic.

Feel the same. Did well to win the penalty, but when he stepped up the collective groan was because nobody wanted him to take the penalty when you have guys like Alexis and Ramsey on the pitch.

Once he missed I thought his confidence was shot and he was finished. To his credit he scores about a minute later, and it really was a nice finish, all thanks to a perfectly timed challenge from Coquelin.

He wasn’t useless today, that’s a plus, but I would rather see someone else on the wing next week.

1 Like

If I’m disappointed in a player, it’s when he doesn’t play hard and with effort. Theo is what he is at this point.

It’s the guy still sticking with what doesn’t work out there.

Theo did well he had no service. There were several times Theo made fantastic runs only for Ramsey and Sanchez to be selfish and fail to pass. The game was under control and then the team fell apart after that Coutinho free kick. Such chokers these guys have major issues responding to pressure.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Hands up if you’re better at football than Theo.

:hand_splayed:

2 Likes

He is working hard since the start of the pre-season. I need to watch other games to understand if we can play with him (watching the game against Liverpool my response is YES) or not (horrible game against Leicester).

THEORCULES!! Tuck your dick between your legs fellas and give the man his due. He played well today and was a huge threat over the top with Xhaka pinging balls over over the yard. Had a fine assist should have had another and Sanchez shoulda fed him for an easy tap in.

I guess the best compliment that you lot can give is that now you’ve all focused your attention on footy shaming Ox and calling him Fraudlade Chamberlain instead of Theo. Cyber bullying at it’s finest.

3 Likes

Xhaka could just be the best thing to happen to Theo. His long ball accuracy and his willingness to try and find Alexis and Theo means all Theo has to do is ensure he times his runs properly. He doesn’t have to worry about receiving the ball with his back to the goal, he doesn’t have to worry about taking on players, he doesn’t have to worry about passing it to anyone else, just wait for the diagonal pass from Xhaka, time your run perfectly and run like mad and Theo is built for that.

If the stars align, Theo is perfect. Problem is, the stars align so infrequently. Lucas Perez or Ox or someone else will take Theo’s time in a few weeks… and Ox is crap… so that says a lot.

1 Like

Great game for him yesterday. Keep it up theo.

1 Like

Blagged his way into the England sqaud.

1 Like

To be fair, he looked the old Theo this season.

even if old Theo is not that good to begin with.

1 Like

If that is the case what is the likelihood that he goes with them picks up an injury AGAIN and loses any type of form he had.

Some people will say Walcott is back but the fact is he could always perform like this but injuries and getting benched held his confidence back

1 Like

He’s not “back” though.

Getting praise for somewhat decent performances compared to the absolute shambolic displays he was putting in last season doesn’t mean he’s anywhere near to his best and just shows how far he’s fallen off.

9 Likes

Yesterday was a good performance, but it’s a matter of being able to do it over a consistent run of form, that will make people stand up and take notice. Injuries haven’t helped, but his mentality can be rather fragile too often or not. 10 years at the club and it feels like he hasn’t gotten to the level so many hoped for. But I guess a lot could be said of several players who been at the club long term.

When he gets his act together he can be great, but it’s usually when it’s contract time. He needs putting pressure on more often. When he has no competition, he lacks drive or desire.

2 Likes