Theo Walcott

It’s really quite a shame that we didn’t get to see more of him than one full season. Such a tremendous footballer, he was an absolute pleasure to watch in 11-12. Wonder if it was poor professionalism or our medical team or both that fucked up his career so much before then.

Really think a lot of it was poor professionalism by him. Don’t think he was a genuinely chronic case like Diaby and Rosicky.

When RVP actually wanted to play football it looked like a bullet wouldn’t even stop him.

But like you say regardless of the cause it was a tragedy. Makes me think we’re so lucky to have Alexis upfront atm, not to mention he actually mourns not playing which is refreshing. I genuinely feel some of the players feel like when they don’t want to play they don’t have to. coughramseycough.

Well done Theo - really good game today I thought. Did everything you would want from him and even showed a little trickery and better instincts with rolling players on a couple of occasions - learning from Sanchez perhaps.

Great goal too - made it look easier than it was.

really happy for theo especially how he was abused by fans at start of the season.

Would he be putting the effort in this season if not for all that critique from fans over the summer?

Schrodinger’s Walcatt.

5 Likes

It’s quite short sighted to suggest Theo is some incompetent footballer that needs to be sold.

Consider that we need homegrown players and consider that our club prides itself on development etc etc.

He has flaws, but he has strengths. So do virtually all players. The hipsters will look at anyone that isn’t iniesta and get all high and mighty, but in reality Walcott was a proper big game player at one point, and has shown that he has a place at Arsenal.

Theos always had this level of performance in his locker imo. We’ve seen it in flashes before, some longer than others. If he maintain this kind of form then hes one of the best HG players in the PL. Last season was a real low point though and I think anyone who thought seeing this Theo again wasn’t gonna happen was justified in thinking that.

2 Likes

Fans bollocking him?
Arsene Wenger bollocking him?
Alexis purposely walking past Theo’s house and letting Atom & Humber shit all on his lawn every day of the week?

Nope, all the inspiration he needed was for his missus to tell him that she would buy him a fucking coffee machine for Christmas.

2 Likes

Absoultley fradulent out there tonight. Should of been dragged off at half time. Totally invisible and gutless performance.

2 Likes

Last year’s Theo is starting to return and its just been masked by the 2 goals he’s scored in recent times, for the best part of the last 6 weeks he’s been fairly invisible with next to no combination play.

1 Like

Theo wouldn’t know combination play if it bought him a coffee machine.

2 Likes

As long as he scores i don’t care. He has never been WC.

Whats going on with Theo’s minor Injury ?

1 Like

Has he been gone?

I honestly haven’t noticed.

1 Like

I saw him in a video earlier and suddenly thought, ‘oh yeah! We have him’.

1 Like

Loving how he’s not being missed lol

Typical Arsenal: a small injury become months out.

1 Like

I don’t know why we don’t sell him.
We could get at least 25-30m for him, and get his 120k a week off the wage bill.
He spends most of the season injured, and when he does play, he is far to inconsistent to be a top four player.
I can’t imagine Ozil or Sanchez being too concerned at seeing him leave, especially if we bought someone who was more reliable.

1 Like

He’s been a productive off the ball asset and a frequent goal scorer this season. He’s obviously done a much better job of balancing out what he doesn’t bring to the table this season compared to last. For the majority of his career I think he’s consistently provided a threat and for me it’s about how and when he’s used. At the moment I think he warrants a squad place, just not first team football given his non-ability on the ball. For all intents and purposes he should have been sold in the summer but whether anyone likes it or not we were rewarded for persisting with him this term. Generally with this team I feel we are gradually relegating some decent first XI players to becoming good second choice players. This process needs to happen quickly and depends on incomings, because depth is what will carry us through such a long season.

I wanted him gone in the summer but this season he’s been scoring and assisting for fun. Far better movement than anyone in our front line. When Alexis plays in the middle and drops deep, we’re fruitless without Walcott’s runs in behind. No way should we sell, 120k is market rate for a player producing his numbers.