The weather

42°C in my town today. And in some parts of Italy there were around 50° :grimacing:

I read that in Rome they have shut all the public water fountains there and are maybe about to start rationing water supplies

1 Like

It seemed so, but now the problem is solved.

We had our coldest August day in Melbourne in 47 years yesterday.

1 Like

38.9° in Vienna. Just 0.6° off the heat record. I wouldn’t mind skipping August entirely.

2 Likes

Wien goes Southern Italy :wenger:

Continental Europe having a full on heat wave and we’re not even getting a summer. The weather has been diabolical recently, gimme a heatwave!

2 Likes

Yeah this is the worst summer ever. I’m not usually one to moan about the weather but it’s been 17/18/19 degrees in Bournemouth for the last 7 days or so and it’s forecast around that for the next 10 days too. This year I’ve worn shorts 3 times.

We’re killing polar bears for this ffs :unamused:

2 Likes

We were talking about in Europe. You are not in Europe anymore :poldi:

The last couple weeks have been much more mixed, but I felt like it was consistently hot for quite a while before that in July, the last couple of weeks of June were really hot. This is England, that constitutes a decent summer in my book.

@Craigie stop bitching and put your shorts on, no true Englishman should have a problem wearing shorts in 19 degrees heat :grin: 19 degrees is roasting lol

3 Likes

For real I swear we’ve already had a good 4/5 week period when it was fucking lovely every day, the heat wave Europe are having now is just the one we had last month I reckon

It has been consistently a heat wave in Europe for the past 2 months as far as I’m concerned, with the occasional 1-2 day chill break of below 25 degrees.

1 Like

Hopefully it makes it back to us!

We had 10 days of summer in June, and now its 19-21C pretty much everyday. Its forecast to be as low as 16C on Wednesday in London. Shit summer indeed.

Perfect weather all summer in west coast Sweden. 20-30c all July and half of June. Very little rain and much sun! Breezy so it never got nasty hot. Perfect imo :sun_behind_small_cloud::wind_face::sunglasses:

It’s been rather wet recently admittedly, but the temperature has been really nice. Not too cold, not too hot. Just right. Or “Goldielocks” weather, as I’d call it :grin:

1 Like

Here we go! Heavy thunderstorm going on here in my town now :hipster:

I feel like 19-21 is pretty acceptable British summer. Maybe it’s because I don’t really like heat much at all

1 Like

Same, my ideal temperature is like 21-25.

When I lived in Malta and Spain it fucking sucked because from April onwards it easily ranges between 30-40+ and that is fucking horrific.

Roll on 23 degrees with a light breeze, all day erryday.

2 Likes

Im the same, well when here anyway.

But it would be nice to have more than 10 or so days of it spanned over 3 months lol