The Walking Dead

The boat seems like a great idea, until the obvious titanic esk balls up occurs and we all drown.

Oh and fuck floating zombies. Hell no. Dry land it is.

Snoozefest. As expected.

1 Like

I thought this thread was about Arsenals perennial injury burden !

1 Like

Fear the Walking Dead relies on some of the stupidest story-telling and coincidences imaginable. At times I thought it was great, but it never fails to go full retard just when you think youā€™re becoming a fan.

1 Like

Yep. Load of balls. Expect much the same the next few episodes.

2 Likes

I liked episode 2. Excluding the rubbish tiger, it was set at a nice pace, with some interesting set up. Canā€™t have carnage every episode.

I loved episode 2. If thereā€™s ever a time that I donā€™t find a guy having a giant pet tiger in the zombie apocalypse cool then I donā€™t want to be alive anymore.

:sleeping:

Episode 3 was really good. One of the best in a while, really no excuses for this not being the best season.

Walking Dead is basically divided into the stuff before Negan and what comes now.

1 Like

Meh. Iā€™m with @Bl1nk

Was dogshit. So fed up with Darryls fucking emo hillbilly routine. Rickā€™s group as an ensemble is getting old. The setting is brilliant but you know when the most excitement in years stems from which one of the ā€˜goodā€™ guys gets his brains smashed in then you really need to to kick things up a notch and shuffle the deck a little.

Probably why I enjoy Fear so much.

I quite liked the episode, but I donā€™t like the direction of the show. It could do with a bit more than looking for a new (unsafe) shelter every season.

Yeah I agree with this. I was saying back in season 5 that it was time for some character changes, but now in season 7 its still pretty much the same outlook and behaviour from everyone, or when someone does change a bit, they swiftly change them back to type. I expect theyā€™ll do the same with Daryl - heā€™ll turn into one of Neganā€™s men, do a few evil deeds, then make amends, do something heroic and heā€™ll be back to emo hillbilly boy before season ends.

1 Like

I JUST WANT MORE CONTEXT.

Iā€™m tired of them going from shelter to shelter in podunk towns. I want to see them find the remnants of the government or go to a big city.

When they found that underground research facility I was so happy and then it fucking blew up.

3 Likes

That was 5 or so episodes in lol

1 Like

Wait, really? Fuck

Yea, it happened towards the end of season 1 which had 6 episodes.

The difficulty is that they donā€™t do flashbacks so you canā€™t really have a ā€˜Lostā€™ type episode.

I suppose being honest (despite being a fan of the show and non-reader of the original comics) I think it can be criticised as ā€˜resting on its laurelsā€™ a bit and sitting on this massive audience and guaranteed success.

I wouldā€™ve liked it to diverge significantly from the show and go places the comics havenā€™t, but I guess thatā€™s impractical.

Pacing in the show is awful. I am all up for this living, breathing post apocalyptic world and all that.

But itā€™s slowly becoming more Hollyoaks that anything else.

I wonder if the need for context and a progressive story spawned fear the walking dead. Got very bored of it and give up (saw no need to become stuck watching two shows I want to hurry up and end so I can get closure). But maybe itā€™s what you might want?

1 Like

Another super slow one