Unpopular football opinions

In my mind Spurs aren’t a team who need to perform in those games either. They are just an Everton on steroids right now (stature-wise etc), but not the equal of those three teams. We are. Or should be.

3 Likes

Are we still talking about Andy Carroll or @AbouCuellar here ? :wenger:

Nice thread btw.

I’ll chip in with VAR is a good thing for Football, just needs to be organised better. The fuss and the way people kicked off about it a few months ago, wanting rid of it was OTT.

1 Like

images

1 Like

Haha both!

No, we’ve all been reliably informed by @AbouCuellar himself, that he is a normal human in real life :grin:

Players should stop rewarding pitch invaders with selfies and hugs, don’t care if it’s a kid.

Don’t make security look like assholes for keeping you safe by doing their job.

1 Like

Off the back of @Darkseid and @JakeyBoy chat in another thread…

Paul Pogba is underrated and is one of the best CMs in the world. And his marketing and social media presence is actually more a detriment to how football fans view him than anything else.

He has the talent to be one of the best, I don’t think he currently is one of the best by a long stretch

1 Like

I would say he is underrated as a leader but not as a CM

Pogba is the best CM in the PL

Oh no you didn’t!

Underrated? Seriously? What is underrated about Paul Pogba? Nah bro he really isn’t, he doesn’t have anywhere near the consistenty to be called one of the best. I find it laughable to call him that. This is the guy who can’t play in a two, plays in a three and still comes up short. You have to be versatile and consistent to truly be one of the best and he is neither.

The reality is people got gassed because of his time at Juve but he was playing beside Pirlo and Marchisio who made him look better than he is. What has become evident is that Pogba cannot be the best midfielder in your team at the very highest level, he just can’t. There’s no hiding at United.

The amount of brain dead things I see him do consistently and he’s supposed to be entering his peak years, Pogba is more of a marketing machine than what he is made out to be. Good player from time to time but far from great.

This is humour right?

4 Likes

No funny how when Mourinho leaves he has 3 assists and 2 goals in two games

Dude, it was against two teams fighting relegation.

Context.

No doubt that his technical ability is world class, but he is still lacking the tactical nouse and football brain needed to become a world class player. It may be something that he develops but I’m not so sure of it myself

I don’t think Pogba has shown anywhere near the consistency to be labelled the best CM in the PL. At all.

1 Like

It’s actually disrespectful AF to call him that :joy:

1 Like

My thing is he’s been in and out of the United team and clearly had a fractured relationship with Mourinho and in the two games since Jose has left we’ve seen the real Pogba with 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games.

He has 5 goals and 5 assists in 16 games this season for a central midfielder partnered with the likes of Matic, I think that’s pretty impressive to be perfectly honest with you and if goals and assists are a good metric to use in this debate then I’m going to use them.

The problem is that a lot of great players look great playin alongside great players. And Pogba playing in a negative team with average to mediocre midfielders around him is a big reason he just hasn’t looked the part.

Inconsistent no doubt but I think the next year of his career will show people what he’s really about.

Sure he played well in the last few games, against two teams that are fighting relegation.

You can use goals and assists but they do not tell the full story whatsoever, this guy is not what he’s made out to be. If you’re one of the best people are supposed to know what they are getting on a weekly basis.

@JakeyBoy this is what I was referring to, it’s Jose’s fault or the rest of the teams fault. If you’re truly one of the best in your position you’re supposed to shine even when playing with dross, that can’t be said of Pogba at all. And that’s setting aside the fast he is inconsistent AF.

You make a convincing case but it’s very speculative. You could well be right, and this next year being when he proves it beyond doubt. I could definitely see him flourishing, as I said, he’s got the talent.

Then he’ll be one of the best central midfielders in the world, but I think you’re premature saying he is now.

Honestly for me, world class players have world class attitudes. Pogba comes up way short on that. Hes miles behind a Viera or Yaya for me.

The thing about Pogba is I can easily see a few years down the line he’s 28 and people saying “he could be this”, “he’s got the talent to be that”.

It’s just like with Theo and Oxlade but to varying degrees, Pogba is 25 right now and should be entering his peak but nah we’re still talking about potential.

He’s a big man in the game, what is he saying right now?