The search for a centre half

€25m? He better be an Arsenal player soon if this is true.

Chelsea seem to be in on Koulibaly…which makes it all the more likely they buy Mustafi from under our noses and then we can’t figure out how to do business with Napoli for Koulibaly.

But in all seriousness, Mustafi appears to be a no brainer in terms of price, age and need. We could do a lot worse.

Lol, good one. This club won’t react unless the team stumbles out of the gate, then a signing day panic buy.

That’s why it irritates me, we’ll keep looking for the “right player” until it’s too late, and we’ll end up with a scrap, if we found one. We should be allowing other clubs to find their replacement. It happens over and over again! Transfer window for Arsenal fans is such a nightmare.:facepalm:

2 Likes

Mustafi and Manolas would be both good options.

@Shill

For Arsenal players, a few months means about 4-6 months at least… no way Per can come back in about 2-3 months.

You never know if the player is right till he play for the team.
So to pick the “right player” is simply bull shit.

They would be just perfect for me. But who listens? Let’s wait and see, we’ve got realistic ambition in signing Mustafi.

1 Like

Buy one? Ha fuck off I’ll make one for nothing!

Not what anyone wanted to hear. If we start that Liverpool game with Chambers and Coq as CBs I think we can say that club failed the summer. (But we’ll judge Arsene in May)

2 Likes

If its a short term quick fix required, Isn’t Verminator available?

Would this be a screen smoke??

Will Wenger try Giroud as CB??

1 Like

I mean, someone has to play there while we’re in the states…I’m not going to read too much in to this…so everyone knows they can calm their shit.

Agreed. Just thought it was funny haha

This reminds me of when Debuchy and Monreal had stints at CB. What an absolute farce.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s not like we have a reputation of not addressing glaring weaknesses in our squad or something.

1 Like

WTF a sensible considerate response from Morrisc?

So you ARE capable of those.

2 Likes

Coquelin could probably do a job as CB, but it’s still not a reliable solution for a whole season unless Holding is ready to play immediately.

1 Like

Anyone watching the game in San Jose tonight? ESPN are showing it.

1 Like

OA goes stateside! #EPSN

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/video/latest-videos/600/video/2919442?ex_cid=espnapi_internal

Watch the video :smiley:

3 Likes