The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

He baited it pretty much. Overreaction by Fernandinho but who can really blame him.

Maybe. But he reacts after the slap
https://vc.sporttube.com/video/2016/12/3/gcCCCCG.mp4

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/805055880970452993/pu/vid/720x1280/v1kKp9aJeF_5rdy_.mp4

Fabregas slapped him first :joy::joy::joy:

ye ye I saw the game I just expect him to have said something to taunt along with the the slap. I just expect Fabregas to be the type of player to come on and just say something cuntish to piss already angry people off. Remember the Hull game for us

2 Likes

I don’t project future results. I worry about one week at a time, IMO making predictions like Chelsea is going to finish around 85 points or whatever is pointless.

:joy:

1 Like

Today we saw the two souls of football: an old school manager - italian - who trusts into the old rules. He builds his success on the defense, on the hard work from all the players. He doeasn’t play a game taking profit from the qualities of his players, but playing on the weakness of the opponents. Like Conte there are Mourinho and Simeone.

The counterpart is a manager - spaniard - who trusts into the show. He wants to win with style, playing a football not with the heart but with the brain. Differently than Conte, Pep wants the ball behind the feet, wants to control the game because he trusts into the Michels, Cruyff and Arsène’s school. If you have the ball and not the others, they can’t score.

At the moment I don’t know who have the better idea, but watching the results obtained by Conte this year, Ranieri last year, Simeone with his success on Champions League and La Liga, probably the style to play with a spanish soul isn’t still outmoded but is no longer the Bible, a winning formula.

7 Likes

4 game ban for AgĂźero Should be at least 6

1 Like

I don’t think any idea is necessarily by default better, you listed three managers of each style, you could go on throughout history and list another 10 for each side. I think it is just whoever gets his idea planted better than the others, it coincides with having the right players/taking the right team etc. But absolutely brilliant analysis, I agree with every word. Conte is turning Chelsea into an English Juventus slowly but surely, even though the players are maybe not as good, he knows his model can bring success. It is possible he is the man to beat this season rather than Klopp/Pep, time will tell.

2 Likes

It seems to me that it comes down to which team implements their managers game plan the best. City could have very easily won 3 nil today if they’d taken their chances. Chelsea actually took their chances and was clinical. Fine margins really.

2 Likes

Wow, WBA are 6th as things stand

1 Like

Do you think they could win it, i mean if leicester can…

2 Likes

Yep such a strong league this.

Fuck Deli Ali diving shitcunt.

3 Likes

I admire Conte - despite I don’t like how is he for many reasons - because he believes in his ideas, over the squad and the quality of the players. With people like Cesc, Oscar, Hazard, Pedro, even Costa, Luiz, William, he could play a type of football like Guardiola, but he choosed to walk on another street.

The only weakness of him, and generally of all the managers, is to be black or white, they don’t know the shades.

Tottenham get awarded so many penalties :joy:

tottenscum with their fucking penalties…do they ever have a match without them, jesus christ!

Must be about 8 in all comps this season no joke.

Fucking lucky cunts.

It’s so obviously not a pen as well. Wtf is wrong with these dumb fucking PL refs. Absolute shit heads. Need to start wising up to this diving bull shit.

1 Like