The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Merson and Thompson are such deluded cunts

Well, if people are interested, Merse thinks it’ll be 1-1.

I know best though and I say 0-3 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nil nil draw, watch. I american i know everything about all sports. Only been watching 5 years and i already know more than any of you.

2 Likes

Ha this fixture finished 0-0 last year. Sky made a massive fuss of the game, even built it up as “Red Monday” and it was one of the most drab games of the season.

2 Likes

They often are because neither team wants to go out there and put it on the line so you just get to see a lot of boring defensive football haha

I feel like most of these Top 4/6 games usually a bit shit, except for when it’s us we usually like to make the other top teams look really good.

2-0 to United, imo. Quite an easy win for United.

1 Like

Im not normally that way inclined, but this is classic foreign fan thinking.

If you dont understand why this is a big deal to some people then you don’t understand fandom. You’ve simply never travelled to an away game.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a sarcastic or rhetorical question, I didn’t understand why it was a big deal, that’s why I asked.

At the end of the day, football isn’t about the needs of 3,000 travelling away fans anymore when there are literally hundreds of millions of fans watching globally.

I totally get the plight of the travelling fan, it’s a ball ache.

3 Likes

I totally agree

1 Like

Aren’t the fixtures done by computer? It’s a shame on occasions like this you can’t apply common sense and put on more convenient fixtures. Like we could easily have Chelsea at home that weekend and Sky would be happy. Or at least have the computer take stuff like that into account for certain days.

2 Likes

Sad to see how shamelessly the PL whores itself out to foreign audiences to the detriment of match going fans

1 Like

1:30 pm would be a good time on Christmas Eve for the majority of people. Go the match be at home in time for Christmas Eve dinner etc. Only people put out are the traveling fans really. Like someone has already said, 3000 people.

That is actually a very good point, or even United vs City or Arsenal vs Spurs.

Those are still huge fixtures but so much more convenient for everyone involved but I guess Arsenal vs Liverpool has bigger global fanbases on both sides than the aforementioned fixtures. City and Spurs probably aren’t very popular in India.

A very different thing given there are only 26 matches in a season but the rugby pro 14 does exactly this.

The super computer is a bit of a myth

The fixture thing got me thinking if there was another match Sky could choose for the Sunday and let us play Saturday lunchtime, but looking at the other games, you have Spurs travelling to Burnley, Chelsea travelling to Everton, Leicester travelling to Manchester. The only one which is a reasonable distance is Stoke v West Brom, which is arguably the worst fixture of the entire season!

1 Like

Don’t see the big deal about Christmas Eve games, I mean if the distance is too far for away fans there’s an easy solution, don’t attend…

Id imagine Liverpool have enough fans outside their city to take up their allocation of tickets. Having said that id be in favour of a week off at christmas. More for the fans than the players as its hard fitting everything in with modern life at this time.

10:30pm on Christmas Eve for us @AussieGooner :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

You two will have the privilage of watching us on the stroke of Christmas Day then :laughing:

1 Like