The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Klopp is just a more volatile version of Wenger. His management is unviable over a sustained period of time. Liverpool is his level.

Goes any higher and he crumbles under the expectation

3 Likes

Which Wenger are you talking about this current sorry ass Wenger?

If so then ehhhh nope.

1 Like

Really good to watch Liverpool under Klopp. Biggest problem for them is they dont sustain pressure to good.
Far more exciting than the shit were watching since last christmas.
Score a lot of goals and have significantly more goal scorers than us for sure.

Banter era Wenger…

This Liverpool side can be got at very easily.

I tried explaining that to them but they were moaning every bad touch and back pass he made.

Liverpool are the 2nd best team in the country

2 Likes

Diego Costa is just a glorified Chicharito

(not my words btw)

As to Liverpool… They’ll be back to losing to bottom table clubs soon enough. I still don’t know how we lost to them by conceding 4 goals.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/777040415925035008

Liverpool look so good attacking and they were saying on SS that Matip and Lovren are looking a good partnership. So if they sort out their defence. They will do very well for me.

Liverpool let in 3 goals against our weakened side, and lost 2-0 to Burnley the following week. Not sure if leaking 5 goals in two games make them superior to us. They are just as inconsistent as they have always been and will continue to do so.

One half-clearance doesn’t make him an ‘awful’ defender, what are you on about?

Klopp isn’t anywhere near Wenger’s level. Klopp talks the talk very well, everyone loves him, but yet to see him dominate fuck all at the moment.

3 Likes

It doesn’t but for me he’s a awful defender. Can’t believe Chelsea didn’t upgrade him in the summer

Liverpool are on a high atm, but they can easily lose against WBA next time.

To be fair he’s managed Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool, I’m not sure how much you can expect him to have dominated anything. A couple of Bundesligas and impressive CL runs is about as much as you could ask of any manager not managing Bayern. As for Liverpool, look at the state of the side he took over less than a year ago. They were pretty average and with no signings he took them to two cup finals and consistently did well against the big sides, winning a few of those matches in a dominant attacking fashion too.

I reckon he’s pretty damn good.

Edit: not sure what Wenger has ever dominated apart from the FA Cup (not that that isn’t an achievement). Never won two consecutive league titles, unlike Klopp.

5 Likes

So his successful time at Dortmund is conveniently scrubbed? Why?

Liverpool are a team in transition and cannot solely be used to judge him as a manager at all.

Didn’t say he wasn’t good. But some people would have him being better than Wenger.

3 Likes

I would certainly take Klopp over Wenger…

He is though? I’d swap him for Wenger in seconds

2 Likes

It’s a good thing you aren’t in charge of these decisions.

4 Likes

Lol. You stick with Wenger’s boring football then. Have you seen how good Klopp has Liverpool playing?

2 Likes

When I watch games like Chelsea v Liverpool, I don’t know if was Chelsea too poor or Liverpool too good. The first goal conceded was comical.

1 Like

Yeah Liverpool look great offensively but look beyond Klopp’s likability and offensive football and there’s still a ton of issues.

They’re suspect defensively, with poor in game management and regularly struggle for motivation against smaller teams. With the last point I’m not sure whether it’s caused by the fact Klopp lacks alternate tactics/Plan B or if it’s because of the mentality he’s instilled in the players that they only turn up for big matches

Either way it will be interesting to see how they get on this season, the fact that they have no european football will help mitigate the persistent muscle injuries that come as a result of Klopp’s demands.

Liverpool could easily finish 5th or 6th this season and Klopp will still be lauded a hero. No LFC fan would be calling for his head if he finishes outside the top four this season. Liverpool is his level

2 Likes