Tennis

Playing in a slam final is a different ball game - first timers tend to get affected by the occasion.

Nadal will win. This is his house.

2 Likes

Agreed - hes a tennis god.

So nice to see Halep finally overcome the GS hurdle and win her first.

Coming back from a set and a break down is awesome progress for her.

2 Likes

And there it is, Thiem inexplicably bottles that last game to lose the set. Was playing really well up until then too.

Nadal the clay court God, 17 slam titles now with 11 of those coming at Roland Garros.

Andy Murray made his return to tennis after 11 months out at Queens club. Played Kyrgios and Kyrgios won 2-6 7-6 7-5, pretty good hit out for Murray.

Nick taking out the British at Queens Club.

Coric beats Federer in 3 sets in the halle Final, likewise Cilic against Djokovic in Queens.

Last years finslist and World no 3 Marin Cilic beaten in the 2nd round after leading 2 sets to love :eyes:.

Very poor from him considering he won Queens.

Before today he had made four QF’s in a row at Wimbledon.

1 Like

Absolutely adore Gael Monfils. So glad that he’s finally made it into the second week of Wimbledon. And he won his match just in time to catch most of France v Uruguay. First thing he asked when he finished was “what’s the score?” :smile:

1 Like

Poor from Nick to lose to Kei in straight sets on Grass.

It is but Nishikori seems to have his number and played like a beast today.

Best I’ve seen him on grass, the quality of his returns was superb and he served very well which is unlike him.

Think he could’ve beat anyone in the tournament with that display.

Yeah I must confess I didn’t actually watch the match, it’s just I expected Nick was the favourite going in and to lose so easily is a bit of a letdown.

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic have all been relatively flawless on the way to the quarter finals.

The :goat: currently fighting for his life against K.Anderson in a 5 set thriller.

Anderson serving for the match after 23 games in the 5th set.

EDIT. He’s out!

The crowd very clearly on Federer’s side in this one. No such thing as supporting the underdog in tennis :smile:

Was a very good match. Federer losing after being 2-0 up is almost unheard of!

Epic from Anderson to hold his nerve.

I think failing to win Halle was a bad omen for Fed, losing from two sets down at Wimbledon is a terrible result for him and he’ll lose a ton of points.

Nadal will be around 2000 ahead at this rate, Isner and Raonic will be licking their lips.

Just put a bet on Nadal to lose before Del Potro broke him. Now that Federer’s out, I suppose the rain might pour.

Stunned at the Federer result, Kevin Anderson will be no 6 in the world at a minimum after this tournament.