Tennis

i guess it is better than jock sock tho.

Nadal loses to Goffin and then pulls out of the world tour finals, Iā€™d be pretty surprised if Federer gets beaten in this tournament.

Probably just him being stroppy about the finals never being played on clayā€¦

Nah, he said he would have pulled out whether he won or lost that game. No point risking further injury when heā€™s the year-end No.1 anyway. That alone is an achievement considering where he was at the start of the year.

Yeah great achievement by Nadal but I personally believe Federer was the best player this season, 1 more title than Nadal so far and only 4 losses for the season to date, also beat Nadal 4 times.

1 Like

There was little point in Nadal playing this tournament knowing his knee wasnā€™t 100%, already achieved year end #1. Iā€™d be a little annoyed if I was CarreƱo Busta tbh.

I think heā€™s going to have an injury plagued season next year especially after playing so much tennis this year.

Federer goes through the group stage unbeaten, whilst Cilic is winless ( though all losses in 3 sets I think) Fed now has a W/L of 52-4 for the year as a 35/36 year old.

Bit of a shock, Federer losing to Goffin. First time he has beaten him too. The final could be between the 8th ranked player and the 9th.

Iā€™m actually stunned the way this world tour finals is panning out.

So Dimitrov won it & ended the year as the World no 3.

France defeated Belgium 3-2 to win the Davis cup, 2 wins from Goffin wasnā€™t enough for Belgium.

Booked tickets to go to the Day 1 night session at Rod Laver Arena on Monday night, Iā€™ve seen Djokovic play live so hoping I can get Federer or Nadal.

2 Likes

Whenever I get tickets to Wimbledon, I always end up seeing Federer. Not that iā€™m complaining, I love watching him.

So itā€™s easy to get tickets there? Wimbledon tickets are like gold dust over here.

All the sessions will sell out, but yeah itā€™s not to hard to get tickets if you do it a bit prior for the earlier Rounds. I will get a ground pass with the mates for the Saturday but Monday night is just myself & Girlfriend.
Iā€™ve been to Wimbledon but not seen any matches, it was January so we just did the tour, i remember the walk in the snow from Wimbledon park station I think it was ? Beautiful homes around that area.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s a bit of a walk from the train station.

We have to go in a ballot for tickets and then if youā€™re successful you get assigned a session - you canā€™t choose. Iā€™ve always been quite lucky in getting centre court tickets so see some decent players.

1 Like

You can still queue up for grounds tickets I thought, they keep a certain amount back and then when theyā€™re gone, theyā€™re gone

Yeah, they keep some of the main court ticket back - but to get them you have to camp out. Some people camp for two or three days!

Ground tickets are probably easier to come by but still involve long queues depending on the day.

Rafa will be playing Monday night at Rod Laver, so I canā€™t complain with that.

Decent. Canā€™t complain about seeing the world no1ā€™

I see you have our version of Konta after that. You know, one of those who changes their nationality.

1 Like

4 Likes

Rafa Masterclass