La Liga

With this in mind I’m quite surprised Real didn’t go a bit bigger this summer. Whilst continuity is no bad thing with their squad, they could pay the price come the start of next season.

1 Like

Their squad is already overcrowded, but I am too quite surprised there wasn’t at least one midfield signing. I actually thought they needed a Pogba or Andre Gomes, so expected them to move to another target after missing out on both.

1 Like

With this, No one is gonna get griezmann it doesnt matter if you meet the release clause AM will never sell him if they are not allowed anymore players.

1 Like

They are legally obligated, if Griezmann wants to leave and someone pay the clause the only thing Atletico can do is force them to may extra taxes.

Same with Suarez, he wanted to leave but Liverpool purposefully ignored the clause, i am sure it happens more often that people realise.

In light of today’s decision by the FIFA Appeal Committee, Real Madrid C. F. wishes to communicate the following:

1. The club regrets said decision, understanding it to be deeply unjust and contrary to the fundamental principles of disciplinary law.
  1. The club will begin the appropriate appeals procedure before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), requesting that the decision be completely overturned, with absolute confidence that said organisation will come to an entirely favourable decision.
  1. Real Madrid C. F. will request that the procedure be undertaken in an urgent manner in order to obtain a decision from the CAS as quickly as possible.

what did these clowns do anyway to make this happen?

I’m sure it’ll magically go away again once they need players.

FIFA rejects appeals of Atlético de Madrid and Real Madrid in relation to transfers of minors

Apples and oranges mate, the release clauses in Spain are mandated by the Spanish law.

2 Likes

I honestly thought they would go in for Pogba, very surprised that Zidane apparently told Pérez that he didn’t need him.

Also I think they were close to Andre Gomes about a month before Barça went in for him. Not sure what happened there either.

All release clauses are legally binding within the EU.

They’re just meaningless if the player isn’t interested in moving, or is persuaded otherwise.

So Griezmann is staying until 2018 at least.

First win for Atletico. A 4-0 thrashing against Celta. Real play at 15:00.
5-2 FT for Real. Ronaldo scored on his comeback.
Las Palmas keep on impressing. They are winning away against Seville. Villareal winning as well.
What a win for Seville! 1-0 down until 1 minute to go, they win it 2-1 in the end. Villareal also win. Now it’s time for Barca-Alaves.
Alaves have showed great resilience so far.
The little basque team take the lead against the mighty Barcellona! And it was a well-taken goal as well.
Mathieu equalizes shortly after the break. Good header.
And now Mathieu with one of the biggest miss ever!
Alaves have a goal disallowed, then Barca come close to score the 2-1. End-to-end stuff in this second half.
Messi on for Denis Suarez.
Embarassing defending by Barca, just embarassing. Alaves take the lead again!
Dracula on.
What a crap free kick by Messi! Barca look very disinterested.
Well-deserved win for Alaves. Barca are very annoying when they don’t turn up.

Las Palmas were robbed. Should have come away with at least a draw. Poor refereeing.

1 Like

@AbouCuellar, tell me why Luis Enrique is so clueless sometimes. His turnover is just so stupid.

Cant believe that Barca was beaten at the Nou Camp.

First defeat for newly-promoted Leganés against Gijon.

Responded to relatively straight-forward and classy comments by Xavi (in which he even referred to Cristiano as a player of an era) stating that Cristiano was unlucky to have coincided with the best player of all time (Messi), by getting his panties in a right bunch and asking where was Xavi playing now, he didn’t even know, and did they (the reporters) know who the most searched footballer was on google (Cristiano), before accusing Xavi of using Cristiano for self-promotion (lol).

I came to the realisation while watching this panties-in-a-deadly-bunch, garbled portuñol response from Cristiano that he is the Justin Bieber of footballers, and that for now on when I come across Ronaldo fanboys I shall refer to them as beliebers.

Who the hell would want to support Valencia?

2-0 down, with a player sent off, get it back to 2-2 then concede a goal in the last minute.

What a shambles.