La Liga

Ahh fuck Orellana is getting called for the NT now.

Are Real looking likely to score?

Ehh no more than usual against a La Liga team.

Edit: Toni Kroos Golazo

Unlucky Celta. They gave Real a go, but they lost 2-1 in the end.

Very neat finish by Kroos.

Atletico 0-0 HT. They are struggling to find some form.

Lovely

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/loui.mp4

1 Like

Leganes-4 points and 0 goals conceded so far :slight_smile:

Barca to play Bilbao this evening.

Meh. Granada haven’t even been any entertaining. Rayo, by comparison, were a lot more attacking, for better and worse. Still very early days though, and I’d expect them to start playing some good football soon.

Las Palmas though, are continuing to play quite well.

4-1 now.

Wow! Las Palmas destroying every team they face. They have score 9 goals in two games! That’s amazing! :cech:
1-0 Rakitic.

Barça looking good and in control. Athletic are very disappointing at the moment :confused:

1 Like

So strange to see Valencia, Celta Vigo and Bilbao still with 0 points.
Barca are living dangerous. Bilbao came so close to equalize two minutes ago with a great free kick.
1-0 Barca FT. Messi and Suarez bottled the 2-0 right at the end. Now Villareal-Siviglia.
The former Sampdoria player Soriano close score the first with a good header.
Villareal had a goal correctly disallowed some seconds ago. It wasn’t an easy decision for the referee, as it was very close.
0-0 HT. Seville have looked barely threatening so far.
Villareal are literally playing Seville off the park. Sampoli’s team can’t come out of their own half.
Oustanding save by Rico, just outstanding!
Rico is just super tonight! Another fine save. Seville not in game.
0-0 FT. Lucky Seville.

Sevilla have been very lucky to take a point. Villarreal look dangerous during many times. Sergio Rico man of the match.

1 Like

@AbouCuellar

Why does everyone pick on Getafe? Are they one of the most obvious ‘nothing clubs’ in Spanish football?

I’ve seen / heard more than a few commentators / articles talking about them fairly negatively, “no loss to La Liga” “shit fans” etc.

I’m also interested in where you think the most fanatical supporters in Spain are, or is it too hard to determine

Yeh, Robin, it’s a total nothing club. No real loyal support (okay, there is, but it’s a very small group
of which my uncle and cousin form a part–I think I might’ve commented that when I came back to Madrid after uni I went to a couple games with my uncle’s peña, they were trying, again, to convert me, or at least convince me to follow a spanish team as well as Arsenal
needless to say they failed), the stadium is never more than a 1/3 full, Getafe in general is a very nothing district of Madrid (I wouldn’t even know how to begin to describe Getafe to a non-Madrileño). I was very much rooting for them to go down, to say it in Spanish, el Getafe no pinta absolutamente nada.

Most fanatical in the good or bad sense? I think I would probably say the Athletic fans, though the Valencianistas and Sevillistas come to mind also. In terms of fanatical in the bad sense, I dunno, honestly every club has its small, small faction of ultras chungos but I’m far enough out of that world to not really know which ultras are more chungos than others.

1 Like

Everyone seemed a lot more disappointed to lose Rayo than Getafe anyway. Rayo looks like the sort of ground i’d go and visit.

How does Leganes compare then?

Oh yeah, Rayo is the best atmosphere in Madrid. Very working class neighborhood Vallecas and it shows with their support.

LeganĂ©s is right next to Getafe and the support is similarly small, but since they have such a small, old little ground I think they avoid some of the problems of soullessness/pitanada-ness that comes with Getafe. They are both ‘equipos del barrio’ but LeganĂ©s has the real feel of it at least.

Very sad to see Rayo relegated. They have even started poorly in La Liga Adelante.

Massive story coming out of Spain

1 Like