La Liga

Asensio’s goal was a beauty, tbf. Theo would have missed it.

2 Likes

Balague just said Madrid want around €60m for James, could actually imagine him turning up at the Emirates on deadline day. Completely unnecessary but a supreme talent.

He would just lift the whole dressing room.

Better than all of our wingers tbh.

James Özil Alexis

Giroud

Is actually quite good.

Can’t see it happening.

@AbouCuellar what has impressed you about Morata in this game?

Just his work rate? His skill level is still what it was like last season.

What hasn’t? He’s done absolutely everything right. Has played a fantastic game.

1 Like

That would have been some goal by Real! Great volley!

That was in reference to the James comment above.

It was a sincere question as to what has specifically impressed you?

Do you genuinely believe he is up to the Real Madrid starting-standard/can he challenge Benzema?

Might be his breakthrough season.

Kovacic with the banger!

And on James comes.

Ahhh. I think it’s a question of work rate and also his ego not fitting with the minutes he’ll get, and worrying about disturbance in the dressing room/having an unhappy player on their books. There’s also some professionalism concerns though he looks in much better shape this season.

As for Morata, he’s put on a clinic on how to be a good lone striker today. Great in hold up, creating with dribbles when the chance arises, making the right runs off the ball/being a good outlet…he’s done a fantastic Benzema impression, basically, and is unlucky not to have scored.

Re: the question the talent is definitely there, if he plays like he has today then yes, absolutely. The question was, after his spell at Juve, can he play the lone striker, and based on today the answer would be a resounding yes.

Can he challenge Benzema? No, probably not, because Benzema is about as good as it gets. But Benzema has his fair share of injuries and Morata will certainly be useful as a back-up/alternative. But on today’s display the doubts I had about him as a premier option for us would certainly be allayed a good bit. That is on today’s display I would kill to have him as our starting CF.

2 Likes

Bale again. This guy is so good. Now Atletico-Alaves.

Asensio’s goal by the way

https://twitter.com/soccernewsfeed/status/767441908641783808

Theo would have 100% done that passing to the keeper thing he does when through on goal there.

1 Like

Griezmann not playing for Atletico, as he is banned.

Isn’t James more of a behind the striker guy? I didnt think he was a winger…or is he one of those players that can play anywhere in attack pretty much.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

TBH taking that out of the sky etc and pulling that finish off i dont think any of our forwards would have had done that without fucking it up apart from sanchez MAYBE but on his form recently i reckon he would have fluffed his lines.

Giroud: Not fast enough to even to get the ball let alone get it down and under control
Theo: Fast enough but tries to pull it down and ball bounces to GK or he gets it down pisses around and misses, or the ball catches him on his shin and it dribbles out for a goal kick.
Ozil: Gets the ball down but proceeds to miss by trying to outfox the gk
Ox: Gets the ball down proceeds to run at the goalkeeper and tries to chip and misses or gk gathers.
Sanchez: Most likely to do this and score, but on his current form drags the shot wide of the target trying to go for the bottom corner instead of the chip.

It has been a tricky first half for Atletico. Alaves have looked dangerous on counter.

God, as hard as I try to keep attention to an Atléti match when they aren’t playing Madrid/Barça/Valencia/Sevilla etc., I can’t do it. Just too dull. How do you do it @A.F ?