Formula One

Very very boring race, bit annoyed I wasted my afternoon watching it.

1 Like

Yeah Monza is rarely fun to watch when some teams are too good. Beats Monaco though, shame itā€™s in the schedule.

1 Like

Every year, you always hear how great Monza is, because of the history, but the reality is, it doesnā€™t produce memorable races very often. I really hate the predictable nature of F1 these days. Even when Lewis made a bad start, you just knew heā€™d get back ahead of the Ferraris eventually. And Rosberg victories are always dull as fuck.

The only standout moment was Ricciardo brilliant move on Bottas at the end.

2 Likes

At a track like Monza where you are full throttle the majority of the way, the deficiencies of this endurance save tryes save fuel formula come to the fore.

1 Like

With this deal, i expect to see a Gp. in Africa at this point.

Iā€™d rather they revamped the sport to actually make it competitive again. I might actually watch it then.

2 Likes

Going to be an interesting race. Hamilton with setup problems, the red bulls with their engine/fuel upgrade and one good Ferrari. Singapore is a great circuit and great event on the calendar. Was lucky enough to be there last year on my honeymoon, got to see Bon Jovi, Pharrel Williams, Maroon 5. Singapore know how to put on a race!

1 Like

I can see Rosberg fucking this up. Red Bull could nick this.

Ferrari back to his worst. Not a big surprise in the end.

Nico on fire atm! 3rd win in a row for him, so heā€™s back to the top of the championship. Hamilton is really fucking it up.

Didnā€™t manage to watch the race today unfortunately. What did people think about it?

Nothing really spectacular (F1 seldom is these days). Ricciardo was closing in 2-3 seconds per lap on Rosberg the last 10 laps, so that was exciting. Verstappen may be unpolished, but he did a few gutsy takeovers and itā€™s always fun watching someone seize a opportunity when given.
Mercedes had break issues (over heated) for the first 30 laps or so, but it didnā€™t really show to be much of an issue. But Totto Wolf had to take over the team radio and tell Nico to go easy on the breaking! Guess he ignored it long enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most exciting thing was the lizard on the track yesterday :joy: oh and the marshall almost getting murdered clearing off debris! Fuck me I watched live at 4am here cause the baby was awake :weary: Anyways @Ocke the Sonoma GP is coming up in about an hour and a half, that will be a good race!!

2 Likes

@BigWeng_4LYFE Yeah that marshall must have literately shit his pants, he was lucky to escape!
Damn thatā€™s early, but you often get to watch stuff on tv you normally miss. I saw a lot of the Australian touring car championship when my oldest was a baby :laughing:
Iā€™m sure it will be a really great race at Sonoma! Not sure I will be able to stay awake though

1 Like

How unlucky is Lewis? He broke his engine when he was dominating the race. Nico has all but won the Championship thanks to this. Well done to Ricciardo for winning the race though. Ferrari :wenger2::bellerin::coq:

1 Like

Nico wins again and now he is 33 points above Lewis. Itā€™s all but over for him. Meanwhile, Mercedes win constructorsā€™ championship.

Lewis is his own worst enemy sometimes. That start was horrendous.

1 Like

He is just too nervous right now. I clearly didnā€™t expect Rosberg to mount a serious title challenge this season.

Nico laying the smackdown on Lewis, who is busying himself with picking the right snapchat filter.

Meanwhile, Ferrariā€™s strategy team outdo themselves again.

:arteta: :arteta:

1 Like