Formula One

Told you Kimi would have never won :hipster:

Holy shit wtf happened there

SF! What a bad accident!
Very nice from Vettel to ask about Wehrlein.
Another Sauber out.
SF in this lap.
Vettel is just a class above everyone else today.

GET IN SEB!!!

I had a 5 driver teammate accumulator which Perez let me down on by finishing behind Ocon. Got the others spot on including Ric to beat Max. Gutted with only 4 laps to go ffs.

Kimi is proper PISSED.

I mean, you can blame the team all you want but Seb was just clearly faster today. He would have won had he pitted before or after Kimi.

1 Like

Lol at people complaining because Kimi didn’t win! I didn’t heard the same moaning when Bottas tried to force Vettel off the track in Barcellona to try to advantage Hamilton.

Get a grip! Kimi will never have the chance to win the Championship.

You’ll never guess what happened to Alonso at the Indy500…

His Honda engine failed :arteta: :arteta:

3 Likes

Can anyone remember if F1 teams ever had more than two cars on the grid? I have this vague recollection of it but can’t figure out if its something I imagined or if it was true.

It was a mental race. But yeah that was ironic af.

[quote=“shamrockgooner, post:349, topic:119, full:true”]
Can anyone remember if F1 teams ever had more than two cars on the grid? I have this vague recollection of it but can’t figure out if its something I imagined or if it was true.
[/quote]You’re right mate, teams did field more than two cars in a team. But this was mostly back around the 1950s and 60s. The British GP in 1955 for example, Mercedes Benz finished 1-2-3-4 :joy: Back then there wasn’t really a limit on how many cars you could run. But also, for example, say you wanted to go racing, but couldn’t afford to build your own car from scratch, back then you could strike a deal with say Lotus, and run a customer car in your name and go racing that way.

It’s from the 70s onwards where it eventually became structured and all round cheaper to field two cars per team.

And before a certain female member says I only know this because I’m old and apparently from those days :hipster: I’m really into the history of the sport.

2 Likes

Would have loved for Kimi to have won the race but I think Seb was just faster. Kimi said that he didn’t want to pit when he was asked to but that doesn’t explain why his lap times were not as fast as Seb’s just before he pitted. I know Kimi feels hard done by his team but like someone said earlier, even if Seb had pitted earlier, he would have probably undercut Kimi. Overall, great result for Ferrari and I just hope Kimi takes the positives from this weekend and continues to work hard to give Seb and Lewis a tough season. Come on Kimi!!!

Wasn’t Kimi who asked to pit?

What a fucking pole for Lewis! :cech:

Hammy take a bow son. Smashed qualy

1 Like

That was truly an amazing qualifying lap by Lewis. The fact that he could pullout 2 back to back recording breaking laps tells you a lot about him. Vettel came close to matching his first lap but nowhere near the second. But as always, it’s all about the race. Forza Ferrari.

1 Like

The ferraris seem to consistently have better starts so far it feels like? Definetly nervous about that first lap…

1 Like

Got a weird feeling Hammy and Vettel will collide on first lap…

Fuck off! :hipster: :xhaka:

What a cock up by Vettel! Shit start!
Going to be a tough race for Ferrari now.