Cricket

England totally outplaying Australia in this one day series.

We finally get a one day win, despite having England 5-8 we still nearly bottled it.

England win the one day series 4-1 winning the first ever match in the new Perth stadium by 12 runs.

Crazy game of 20/20 cricket, New Zealand make 243 & Australia chase it down in 18.5 overs.

Australia 351 South Africa 162 in the 1st dig in Durban, impressive by us so far against a very good side away from home.

England bowled out for 58 in the 1st morning of the 1st Test vs NZ :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen the highlights but can already guess. A small breeze in the ground, ultra green top wicket swinging an absolute mile with bounce and zip coupled with NZā€™s ability to bowl perfectly for the conditions.

Seen visitors get absolutely blown away here so many times. England probably with the worst innings of the lot.

Even NZ find the conditions tough against good swing and pace bowling.

@Aussiegooner Penny for your thoughts?

Disgraceful look for Australian Cricket and I am not impressed at all. I do feel a little bit for Bancroft as it would be naĆÆve to think he wasnā€™t pressured into being the fall guy given heā€™s the newest member of the team. I also donā€™t believe the story that Lehmann had no idea what was going in as Iā€™m sure the coach had a role to play. Iā€™m expecting savage punishments for the whole leadership group + Bancroft, Iā€™d rather my sporting teams be known for losing as opposed to cheating.

He is still a grown man though, he should know better. But yeah, itā€™s not exactly fair if heā€™s thrown under the bus for what was instructions from the ā€œleadership groupā€

The way Smith said, ā€œI thought it was a way to gain advantage but obviously it didnā€™t workā€¦ poor choiceā€ as if theyā€™ll try a different thing next time. He also said he wouldnā€™t step down as captain ā€“ it shouldnā€™t be his choice!

One good thing to come out of it all: this headlineā€¦

1 Like

Steven Wenger ey

ā€œGone rogueā€ Lol.

Cricket Australia has banned Smith & Warner for 12 months & Bancroft for 9 months.

Need this nightmare tour of South Africa to be over, amazing to think it all started so well 4 weeks ago.

2 Likes

England lads your boys are taking a hell of a beating!

Despite our form I thought we wouldnā€™t struggle too much against Pakistan.

God weā€™re awful

England obviously want this wrapped up so they can drink whilst watching the football tonight :sunglasses:

So happy to see a Pakistani bowling attack with proper teeth again after the shambles over the previous years.

Abbas looks awesome and amir of course bowling rippers.

Shadab looks a wonderful spin talent.

Good to see the fitness regime of the players under Mickey Arthur paying off as well, as the fielding has been exceptional (something you never used to say about Pakistan).

Pakistan have absolutely out-bowled and out-batted us over the three days. I was sort of expecting your bowlers to perform well, but I didnā€™t envisage out batting to be quite as bad as it is.

I guess Ireland proved more of a competitive match for Pakistan :laughing: