The Mighty Arsenal vs Sheik Mansour's Plaything

Yeah, I get around. I’m going to watch Leyton Orient v Colchester at the weekend too :smile:

And @Cristo of course. That emoji has sold the idea to me :wink:

6 Likes

Honestly didnt see us winning this

3 at the back again and it actually suits someone like Gabriel. Thought he was excellent yesterday as was Holding

Obviously their disallowed goal should of stood. There is no way the linesman could of been 100% certain that the ball was out from his position

Im still not sure their penalty appeal was a penalty. I dont think Ox did much at all to make Aguero trip over his own foot!

Our penalty appeal though was a stone wall pen. Even if the ref cant see it clearly what the fuck is the linesman on that side looking at? If he cant see that as a pen then he should be dropped

Couldnt believe how we got caught out for their goal. Why were are 2 defensive players so far forward? What the fuck was Ramsey doing? What was Cech doing? Just a shambles really. Cech should of been stopping that all day long

We came back well though and Monreal’s goal was an excellent finish from an excellent cross. Thought both Ox and Monreal played really well yesterday. Again the formation is suiting both of them

Thought we controlled the game pretty well from that point. Yeah they hit the bar and the post but apart from that they never really got clear in front of goal

We looked stronger in extra time as well. I would of taken Ozil off a bit earlier and got Walcott on. His pace when they were chasing the game would of caused them all sorts of problems

If we are to carry on with the 3 at the back i’d make one change and bring in Bellerin for Ramsey and move Ox to Ramsey’s position. I think that would make us stronger

I’ve always felt that some refs don’t like their linos making those type of calls and they pretty much instruct them not to.

Five things I learned after the FACup semifinal between Arsenal and Manchester City:

• The new tactic, and the roles to occupy into the new tactic, could change the destiny of some players as Gabriel, Ox and Monreal, and to be honest, Mesut is the right type of player to play behind the striker in this tactic? I don’t know.

• I will be very happy if Kolasinac will sign for Arsenal, but the bosnian could have need to fight with this Nacho to play. Monreal played some bad games this season, but some very good games, especially since Lopetegui called him to play again for his country. Gibbs deserves to be sold, not him.

• Finally we have limited (impossible to stop completely) the physical power of Yaya Tourè. Ramsey and Xhaka worked very well.

• Petr Cech is now what Jens Lehmann was years ago: still a good GK but with less agility because of his age. Arsenal need to find a new GK. Szczesny? Pickford despite his big lack of experience to “drive the defenders”?

• We have the right number of players to play with different tactics, but now need to find new quality players to improve the bench. Is a paradox, but keep Coquelin is better than Elneny (despite I like him) because the frenchman can be limited to be a BRM, but we need a better player than Elneny. Goretzka is one of them, or Kovacic, Naby Keita, Tolisso. We need more players on the bench capable to be starters.

1 Like

Thats just a crazy thing to do, especially in a semi final, if they do actually do that

Are we?

I thought if the league winners also won the fa cup it went to the team who finished 2nd in the league?

2 Likes

I agree. And I’ve no evidence for thinking what I do in all fairness. It’s just something I’ve pretty much always thought as a logical explanation as to why linos “miss” so much.

That’s because it does :+1:t3:

1 Like

That is a very valid point . I personally thought Cech was slow coming off his line yesterday.
However, he did pull off one or two very good saves .
His age and speed is sadly catching him up .

Disclaimer: using your own emoji to try and pull can have varied results.

:jakey:

2 Likes

I thought that was Franck Ribery! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Fuck that was savage.

6 Likes

I look a lot better when I’m not a skinhead and don’t have a missing front tooth. I’ll post a picture in the pics of OA members thread tomorrow to prove it.

I feel wounded.

2 Likes

If I remember you was drunk when you lost your tooth?

1 Like

I’m very sorry JB :laughing: You’re definitely a handsome guy, it’s just…that IS Frank Ribery right? Methinks you’re having me on. Altho I did think having a Ribery emoji was somewhat random… :thinking:

1 Like

No that is legitimately JB.

He got pissed one night and smashed his tooth and it just so coincided with when he had shaved his head.

Great look haha

1 Like

Wasn’t he taking a dump too while making that photo?

:joy:

Let’s clear some things up.

@Robin_L that is me, it is not Ribery. We really don’t look alike outside the unflattering low res emoji haha. Thanks for saying I’m handsome, if you check the pics of OA members thread you’ll see I have a bit of a baby face though.

@Cristo I was actually just on holiday in Greece eating a moussaka when my crown just randomly fell out haha. I guess over the years my dental cement just wore away, no drunken shenanigans involved at all. Uploaded the snap to FB and OA, and on one or both might have jokingly said something like “if you think I look bad you should see the other fella” lol

@PPB the toilet photo was completely separate and actually was just my hungover self trying to be funny by emulating The GFP with his almost revealing photos :grin:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha no idea where the drunkenness came from in my story then :joy: :joy:

That was when he had a hangover and was sitting on the toilet :arteta:

1 Like