General News

We are not!

1 Like

I should preface with some, cos I belong to the group too lol

The least they could of done us make her orange like what they did with the gamora actress. Some are upset that they did not keep true to the sirve material and just put a black woman in.

1 Like

Disgusting racism aside, the show looks terrible.
Awful costume design and the trailer was some edgelord bullshit.

1 Like

Saw a trailer for this and my word does it look terrible. Theyā€™re butchering a childhood classic of mine with this live action nonsense which always converts terribly (The Last Airbender :man_facepalming:) .

Representation is important, and I donā€™t mind different races playing another race if it isnā€™t central to the story or context but it really annoys me when TV executives shove diversity down your face at the expense of staying true to the source material.

I thought all the characters looked poorly cast tbh

1 Like

Maybe they just liked her the best out of those that auditioned?

Maybe they did, but they should of wacked some orange paint on her

2 Likes

I agree I donā€™t get why they did not

I think itā€™s fair enough to say that the character should still be orange, if its an orange alien sheā€™s playing lol. Like Zoe Saldana in GoG

3 Likes

Supermarket wastage has always been a peeve of mine. Good policy from Lidl, hope it works out

3 Likes

This happened with the Dark Tower movie as well. Iā€™m a huge fan of Idris Elba but they simply should never have cast a black guy as Roland Deschain. One of the absolutely fundamental themes of the books is white racism towards black people, and this manifests through one of the key characters, Susannah (who is black) and her alter egoā€™s hatred of white people. Roland is white in the books and the dialogue / character interactions are massively focused on this in the books.

That completely went out the window when they cast a black guy as Roland. Was really disappointed in the movie regardless (was fucking shite) but butchering the original story hardly helped either.

2 Likes

A better idea is to donate that food to food banks.

The ā€˜reformist, modernā€™ Saudis, that Western establishment hacks were gushing over, on a madness :arteta:

https://twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1026475919593164801

This is genuinely one of the worst tweets Iā€™ve ever seen

"Black dollars matter." Protests erupted after a brawl between black customers and Asian-American workers at a Brooklyn nail salon. https://t.co/SoCnQIxtry

ā€” The New York Times (@nytimes) 7 augustus 2018

In no way shape of form do I want to belittle racist/discrimnatory behaviour towards black people, but it seems these day everything is called that. It seems like customer and worker just had an argument about work that was done and it escalatedā€¦but to throw it on colour :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

1 Like

Sometimes.
Sometimes Barbaric punishment are worth it.

I really canā€™t gauge from that article whether The Sun is for or against this.

1 Like