General News

Not at all a surprise. The pressure was too much for her clearly and there was no alternative.

It’s a shame because she always seems to be one the more sane members of the cabinet

1 Like

may next hopefully cos this whole thing is actually on her.

Career wise Home Secretary is a very dangerous position to occupy generally. Accountable for a lot things that can go sideways

2 Likes

It’s a nightmare position you’re right, I never really noticed that before. May was actually a worse Home Secretary imo, not sure how she has become PM.

1 Like

Me and my gf have a couple of friends who are civil servants working in the Brexit team and they said much the same, that Rudd is one of the only sane ones in that cabinet and that it’s not really for the best that she goes. They’re both what is commonly referred to as “moderates”, one Labour and one Conservative, so there’s quite possibly something in what they say.

I’m still glad that she’s gone personally though.

2 Likes

Yeah, if there was a semblance of accountability in this country then May would go.

Resign bitch

If you think Rudd was bad, wait until you see her successor, because it could be Gove, and who knows what that right wing nutter could do.

1 Like

It’s Sajid Javid.

Yeah I’ve heard much the same as well! She was certainly one of the few Conservative cabinet members that is not part of the Brexit dogma that is surrounding this government.

I must say that I was impressed with her during one of the 2017 television debates (I think it was in Cambridge). Not only was she arguably the best performer that night but she also attended in place of Theresa May even though he father had passed away a few days before. Once again she’s taking the fire for May…

She’s lost her human shield now though. Hopefully that’ll hurt her but I’m not holding my breath, expecting that it’ll probably all go away now that they’ve made Rudd the proverbial sacrificial lamb.

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/990904396778295297

:joy::joy::joy: The fucking state of the pose

7 Likes

May standing like she’s got enormous knackers.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just weird. I’ve seen the same trend here with news reporters and presenters. Maybe it’s to convey a sense of accountability or trustworthiness. Can’t say it has that effect on me.

Maybe it just a oddly captured stills of people as they’re adjusting for shutter cameras as their picture is being taken.

RONALDO POWER STANCE: ENGAGED

1 Like

That picture of Osbourne typifies the Eton educated, Tory boy, elite.
He looks like the posh kid who was bullied at school but made it to the top of the political ladder through his deviousness and his families wealth and, in this photo, has been told to look tough for the cameras.

All he has done is made himself look like a shop window dummy, which perfectly reflects his personality.

No its not, it is absolutely them trying to convey something through body language. It’s a bit like how many mainstream politicians don’t point, they make a gesture with a closed fist with the thumb placed on top, because people apparently regard pointing negatively.

3 Likes

Your body language point may be valid for the first pic of DC but the bottom 3 pictures are clearly people adjusting themselves for paparazzi at big photo ops lol

Major event, Multiple cameras with multiples shots being taken you’re going to get slightly odd shots like the last 3

I don’t expect a bunch of politicians to know how to move for the camera so all their pics are flattering.

The gesture thing is real tho tends to be obvious on TV or video appearances

Surely nobody adjusts themselves for pictures by massively spreading their legs like that?

Think there are vids of them standing like that, and it’s intentional. And weird as fuck.

Reminds me of something that bald Tory press guy on the thick of it would suggest.

2 Likes

Osborne and Javid are clearly posing, you could make a case for May maybe not posing based on just the picture, but it’s an established pose so it isn’t accidental.

It’s called the “power pose”, Google it if you feel like it.