The General News Thread

@sevchenko was pretty much accurate with his assessment.

The difference is that most people contribute to society in the way of taxes and helping others and not being a burden on society.

Travellers leave a mess where ever they have been and it’s the rest of us that have to foot the bill.
The local council, near me, had a 50k clean up bill because of them, which the locals had to pay but they contributed nothing.

I have nothing but contempt for them.

As someone who actually knows people from that community, it’s a pretty silly accusation.

What a government we have

@Calum we have to GTFO man better not bottle it again.

I’ve been back in the UK since the end of December, everyday I see the news is another day I wonder what the fuck I’ve done by moving back here. This place is so different to what it was 6 years ago.

I was pretty outraged so did a little bit of digging.

The tweet you posted might be right about our government giving out the booklet, but the impression it gives is that it’s something we’ve produced, which doesn’t quite seem to be the case.

So that advice about faking an accent is a bit less appalling, if it is coming from Jamaican charities and authorities rather than our cunt government that is kicking those people out.

Actually yeah looks like it’s a report from NGOs and other charities.

But it does seem to be used by the government and has been produced with governmental support.

Lmao, so it’s not the advice itself that is offensive, it’s who is giving the advice? So a white man in England can’t tell you to fake a Jamaican accent, but the black man in Jamaica can? Am I understanding this correctly?

Nah it’s more that the man on the street (black or white) can say that kind of thing, but it sounds kinda shit coming from the government that’s deporting you after 50 years of you staying here legally.

why are legals getting deported in the first place?

Because old people

Thanks Elec. So no, @Arsenal4thetreble, you are not understanding this correctly. I thought it was fairly clear from my last sentence but maybe you just read what you wanted to read here? But maybe I’m wrong and I should have been clearer.

I think it’s one thing for people from a country to advise people coming to live in their country that it could be dangerous for them as they sound like a foreigner. It’s another thing to kick people out of their country and basically say, “you aren’t British enough to stay here but you aren’t Jamaican enough to be entirely safe there, so start working on your Jamaican accent mate. Bye.”

I resent this government and I dislike what they’re doing here, so that would also inform what my opinion would be if they were the ones publishing this advice. I definitely would have found it pretty appalling.