General News

I live in Rotterdam and get around pretty well with the options I just mentioned. I do get the feeling Uber is more of a big city thing (London, New York, Toronto etc.).

When they start treating their staff (if they are that…) better then they’ll get my sympathy. Until then I couldn’t care less.

Honestly I’ve never used an uber before and don’t intend on using one in the near future.

Only used it once for the free ride :arteta:

Thought it was quite good tbh. Shows where your driver is, in case they got lost finding you, and easy to pay.

1 Like

Lots of sexual assault and stuff going on with Uber out here. It’s a very easy way for predators to stalk their prey. Much rather pay a bit extra for a taxi and ride with someone licensed and legit. Plus when there is some type of event their prices sky rocket to take advantage.

I saw on twitter that their were actually more sexual assaults by black cab drivers than uber drivers reported last year

Well, wouldn’t Uber be an actual, literal trail of crumbs for the police to follow to the perpetrator? :thinking:

3 Likes

Uber will appeal the decision, Londoners will continue to use it during this period. Uber will then make some very fucking minor concessions to worker’s rights and passenger safety, and then continue operating pretty much just as they did before.

I’ll eat my hat if Uber have to shut up shop in London. That’ll never happen.

4 Likes

Uber’s quite the divisive topic. Not seen one opinion straight down the middle with them. I reckon they’ll remedy their policies somewhat and they’ll be back. Bollocks to TfL for citing safety reasons as if this isn’t just eliminating competition. Uber never killed the taxi business, limited access and fare control did. The public don’t care about someone having trained for a few years to drive a cab - that was a shit barrier to entry to begin with.

3 Likes

The council or whoever from every other town and city in england have said they have no concerns about safety and uber will still be active in the rest of the country, Id bet a good chunk of money uber will not stop opperating in London for a single day

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

What is a noxious substance? Something like acid?

Madrid has taken control of The Mossos d’Esquadra. Rajoy is trying to spark a civil war. He is just a madman!

1 Like

Looks like we are at war with n Korea then…

This is a great article on the n.korea- USA situation; https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/world/2017/9/25/16361264/north-korea-bomber-b1-threat

Think we’re down the territory of one bad calculation from a plane getting shot down or a bomb being launched :disappointed:

I’m not remotely a fan of The Donald, but North Korea continues to cause its own problems here.

North Korea’s aggression towards the South going back a decade shows its not necessarily American-led rhetoric that fans the flames every time. Kim Jong Un needs deposing from within so that this posturing can finally end

1 Like

Be rich, be white, be female and you can get away with stabbing people because “you’re too bright to go to prison”. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I just saw that on the news and couldn’t believe the verdict. So someone with no academic prospects would deserve to be sent to prison when she isn’t :rage:

2 Likes

I remember the case being reported and from what the judge said at that point you knew she was going to get off easy as it was a “one-off”.

If it had been a working class man who did it to his GF I doubt he’d have got off as lightly.

Don’t worry though “we’re all in it together” eh?

4 Likes

Ahh yes but the patriarchy and male privilege!!!

1 Like