General News

Yeah I don’t think it’s got to do with religion, I bet it was just a fucking slimey oily grotty note.

In cases such as that the person who is found to be lying should receive the same sentence length the wrongly accused would have received.

She got off lightly with that sentence.

1 Like

At 10pm everyone started banging pots and pans in Barcelona. I asked some guys what it was for and they said it’s in protest for the referendum. @AbouCuellar is this form of protest common in Spain by any chance? :laughing:

It’s quite a cool method of showing widespread support tbh. God forbid anything bad happens on the day if the proposed referendum :neutral_face:

Not that i am really in favour of catalan independence, but Rajoy is acting in the worst possible way. He is just burning the whole place down.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I think they’re better being part of Spain, but Rajoy has done more for Catalan independence in one day that pretty much any politician since Franco. I juatbhope they find a compromise and both sides stop rattling for a war (figuratively speaking)

1 Like

I can only image what El Clasico is gonna be this season. Piquè is probably gonna headbutt Ramos :grimacing:

1 Like

Disagree with you there Darkseid. Sexual assault victims already feel like they can’t go to the police or press charges as it is. Add on the threat they’d feel of them thinking they can’t be believed and getting locked up for 15years for “lying”…

100% she’s a complete scumbag but realisitically it definetly isn’t good a thing putting up yet more barriers stopping victims coming forward.

6 Likes

Yeah I agree. Innocent until proven guilty is the key, if someone proves they are innocent (which hopefully is correct 99% of the time) then they can charge anyone who has lied in court. Unfortunately justice isn’t perfect and innocent men + women are wrongfully sentenced . There isn’t really a solution to this until society changes radically/better techniques to gather evidence are found. We shouldn’t however discourage people from reporting cases of abuse, despite the potentially unfair cases such as this.

These kind of punishments would make a complete mess of the rule of law imo. She committed a certain crime to which a certain punishment is attached. Like how it’s supposed to work.

Interesting decision but ultimately the right one. Hopefully Uber fixes some buiness practices so they can reduce prices for customers

Taxi for Uber…

They will appeal of course, and that process will no doubt go on for a long time - during which period they can continue to operate. This one will drag.

Still think the only people who want uber banned are people who don’t live in London and taxi drivers. Don’t know anyone who isn’t a serial abuser of it.

Hopefully the appeal is long.

4 Likes

Good olde english protecting london heritage and making the public pay ridiculous black cab fees. Hope the appeal is long.

Racism.

2 Likes

I blame white folk.

2 Likes

I haven’t got any experience with Uber. Usually public transport, the bike or one of the mates covers our going about. But is Uber that much of a plus?

its just quick and easy, no changing hands of money and the app means you have full visibility of your route and your ETA.

Fare multipliers will absolutely pull your pants down, but for the most part its a brilliant service.

2 Likes

It seems like such an unnecessary tool. But then again I don’t live in London I don’t really know how public transport is and I just read 3.5 million(?) people used it.

In what respect? I don’t think its usefulness is exclusive to London at all.