UEFA Europa League

Ahhh Koln are my German team. I wanna go to that :poldi:

1 Like

Crvena Zvezda… Sounds like a hot Eastern European model. :neutral_face:

So, they’re going to Belarus, Deutschland and Serbia. Serves those fuckers right for being so shit last season. :arteta:

Two shit teams, with two long trips :hipster:.

Group E and L look great.

Been to Köln twice around Christmas time, it’s a very pleasant city if anyone is thinking of an away day

1 Like

Red Star Belgrade. Fuck me, our away end is going to get absolutely trashed.

It’ll be a sight to see though.

2 Likes

Better draw than expected. Bate will probably be a shit fest away, Köln will be entertaining and Red Star a great atmosphere in Belgrade. Nothing too challenging but decent enough.

1 Like

Oh the excitement is just to much!

1 Like

It means Red Star.
The club of the communist party during communism, the Serbian equivalent of CSKA Moscow/Sofia etc.

Btw if anyone is wondering what CSKA stands for - it literally means the club of the army.

5 Likes

red star belgrade huh, who fancies being murdered trying to watch their team :cech:

Belgrade was actually a much better city to visit than I was expecting it to be. Dirt cheap too.

It’s a beautiful city and very enjoyable in spring. I’d take my running shoes with me though if watching one of the teams.

1 Like

Be aware.

Matchday one
Arsenal v FC Cologne
Thursday, September 14
Kick off: 8.05pm
Venue: Emirates Stadium

Matchday two
Bate Borisov v Arsenal
Thursday, September 28
Kick off: 6pm (UK)
Venue: Borisov Arena, Belarus

Matchday three
Red Star Belgrade v Arsenal
Thursday, October 19
Venue: Rajko Mitić Stadium, Serbia

Matchday four
Arsenal v Red Star Belgrade
Thursday, November 2

Matchday five
Cologne v Arsenal
Thursday, November 23
Venue: RheinEnergieStadion, Germany

Matchday six
Arsenal v FC Bate Borisov
Thursday, December 7

Two early kick-offs against Bate and Red Star, away.

Info from Arsenal.com

Doubt I’ll be watching those early kick offs, I don’t normally leave work till gone 6. Depending on ticket prices I might take in the spectacle of Red Star’s fans visiting.

2 Likes

Don’t think I’ve been less interested in watching Arsenal in a European competition haha

2 Likes

Argh, I’m excited by the Europa League. What’s wrong with me.

1 Like

Bate, Koln and Cvezdza…

That as well as our performances against Stoke and Leicester should be enough to be a dampener.

6 pm kick off times on a Thursday night… nope I’m not feeling that at all

1 Like

Why do people act like Europa is beneath Arsenal? We’ve won a single third rate uefa trophy in 70 years of European football. Winning it would be a great achievement, the best thing in a decade and a half…but no, let’s focus on scraping 4th so we can be humiliated in the CL again…
The difference between Spurs & Arsenal is that Spurs fans know they’re a banter club, Arsenal fans are utterly deluded and think they’re among the European elite.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Girouzy/status/901049468791009280

8 Likes