UEFA Europa League

Get in, you former Soviet Union! 1-1!

That’s a very specific rule. They really must hate Englanders.

1 Like

United 1-1, while Anderlecht and Copenaghen win.

Only a maximum of 5 teams from one league can be in the CL. Don’t stress though because no English team is winning the Champions League anytime soon lol.

If we are in it next season we will win it i am very sure of this, next year is our revenge if we get bayern or barca it will be us putting 10 goals past them and us conceeding the 2 :santi2:

2 Likes

Diakhaby. 1-0 Lyon. As usual, Roma are collapsing at the crucial time of the season.

Well, I wouldn’t necessarily agree, probably not this season (though I would consider City darkhorse candidates), but in future seasons Chelsea and City should be legitimate contenders.

But yeah, was just a random question, and sure, I would say I don’t agree with a cap of 5 on one competition (if you win the competitions you win the competitions, I don’t see why a winning the biggest and second biggest european competition should punish another domestic club that’s finished ahead of them lol).

Ah, another random question: do people rate Spalletti? I saw him mentioned by a columnist suggesting Wenger successors, mentioned interesting names like Tuchel, Hasenhuttl, Sampaoli, etc., and then Spalletti, which I found a bit confusing.

Dzeko bottle it. Should be 1-1.
Gladbach up against Schalke. Great turnaround for them.

Dat pazz.

I believe if United win the Europa League as they probably will do, and go onto finish 5th or 6th, then Arsenal can still qualify for the CL by finishing 5th. However if United go onto finish 4th then this doesn’t apply.

Correct if wrong please :upside_down_face: :see_no_evil:

Burst of speed by Salah. 1-1.
Genk up against Gent :smiley:

If I’m not misunderstanding you there would be 6 clubs from the PL in the CL if 5th would qualify too, which isn’t possible.

Tor! 1-1 Schalke.

No its a maximum of 5, under no circumstance can one association have 6 participants.

1 Like

I know, I should have maybe added myself that it isn’t possible.

1-1 in Gent as well.

I had this idea that if United win it + finish 4th, then they get their CL spot by virtue of the cup win only and thus the league spot gets pushed down one to whoever finishes 5th.

But I guess that doesn’t happen? So United would effectively be ‘wasting’ a CL spot in that scenario. Confusing izzle :grimacing:

1 Like

Yup, that’s right. You only get the additional spot if the cup winner doesn’t qualify for the CL domestically.

Fazio, i mean Fazio, scores! :coq:
Genk up again and Olympiakos take the lead.
3-1 Genk. Spurs get knocked out by Gent :poldi:

Salah has 20 goals & assists for the 2nd consecutive season after his goal tonight (almost 3rd, 14/15 scored & assisted 15 in half a season on loan from Chelsea).

2 Likes