The Emirates XI (2006-2016)

3 Likes

While injury kept him out, He was still registered as a player with us until January 2007

1 Like

Thatā€™d be an interesting technical midfield albeit a very sloooowwww one, not sure you can get away with a midfield that slow. Although without a pure CAM thereā€™s workrate there.

What about Wengerā€™s grand plan to play Nasri as a number 6/8?

----------------Lehmann-----------------
Bellerinā€”Toureā€”Koscielnyā€”Monreal
-----------Gilbertoā€“Fabregas-----------
van Persie------------Ozil--------Alexis
----------------Henry--------------------

2 Likes

----------------Szczesny-----------------
Sagnaā€”Perā€”Koscielnyā€”Monreal
-----------Artetaā€“Fabregas-----------
Walcott------------Ozil--------Cazorla
----------------Sanchez--------------------

Sub - Cech, Gibbs, Bellerin, Ramsey, Wilshere, Arshavin, Giroud.

1 Like

Anyone who used to play for us but went to a rival is a shitter and dead to me.

----------------Cech----------------
Bellerinā€”Mustafiā€”Koshā€”Nacho
------Wilshere------Cazorla--------
Walcott---------Ɩzil----------Welbz
---------------Sanchez--------------

1 Like

What did Arteta do of note when deeper? Sideways passing and allowing the play to bypass him.

Itā€™s telling that we celebrated Flaminiā€™s arrival :smile:

2 Likes

No love for my boy Andrey :santi:

His 2009 was one of the best periods of shit hot form from an Arsenal player at the Emirates. He was right up there with Cesc and RVP as our most important players.

Alas it wasnā€™t to be.

2 Likes

Cech
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Fabregas Arteta Cazorla
Ozil van Persie Alexis

1 Like
          van Persie
    Nasri    Ozil    Alexis
       Fabregas Cazorla
Monreal Koscielny Gallas Sagna
            Cech

And I bet the cunts still wouldnā€™t win the league.

6 Likes

Last day today then tomorrow morning Iā€™ll formulate it into a team.

2 Likes

--------------------Čech-----------------
Sagna-----Gallas-----Koscielnyā€”Monreal
-----------Artetaā€“FĆ bregas-----------
Arshavin--------Ɩzil--------SĆ”nchez
----------------Van Persie--------------------

2 Likes

Cech, Sagna, Gallas, Koscielny, Monreal, Song, Fabregas, Hleb, Ɩzil, Sanchez, van Persie.

Cech, Sagna, Toure, Koscielny, Monreal, Fabregas, Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil, Arshavin, Alexis.

How people can leave out RVP is embarrassing, saltiness of the highest degree.

One good season and left for a rival, heā€™s a snake. Alexis done much more than him, 3 good seasons, he deserves his spot.

Nasri and Van Persie would be in my team if they stayed, but they didnā€™t. No point making a team with players you despise.

Van Persie was absolutely amazing though. He was just riddled with injuries unfortunately. When he finally shook them off and managed to stay injury free for a good two years, he was in the form of his life. In 2011 alone, he scored over 40 goals for Arsenal in all competitions. 40! He single handedly carried that team as good as for 18 months in a period when the team was going through a real transition and lacking in quality. How we finished 3rd in 11/12 is still a bit of a miracle.

Yes, heā€™s a cunt for ditching us for Man Utd, but looking at things objectively for this thread, heā€™s still one of the best players weā€™ve had here since our move to the Emirates and really has to feature on this.

My lineup would be the same as yours I think @SRCJJ, the only possible area Iā€™d tweak is right wing. Hleb was brilliant, but Iā€™m a bit of a sucker for Arshavin, being bit of a maverick, so Iā€™d have him in my lineup.

Rosicky would make an honoury appearance on the bench :slight_smile: If only his time hadnā€™t been so limited with so many injuries. Iā€™m sure if heā€™d had a sustained period of time without them, he mightā€™ve forced his way into a few selections.

4 Likes

Both Alexis and RVP are in. RVP also had more than one good season, he just had one season were he was the best player in the league at us.