UEFA Champions League

Barca’s penalties were soft, but truth be told, had PSG not missed two absolute sitters the game would have been well done and dusted.

I wouldn’t put this wholly on the ref. PSG monumentally fucked up letting in 6 goals.

1 Like

The alternative angle from the Di Maria run

Would have been a penalty and a red card. Both the referee and goal line assistant missing that is unfortunate.

I just want anyone but Madrid to win the CL. Can’t handle Ronaldo winning another ballon d’or.

4 Likes

Why red card? I’m confused, hasn’t double jeopardy been annulled?

Wonder when UEFA, The FA, etc. will get tired of this sorry state of officiating and employ video technology :wink:

On the other end that would have been given.

Not attempting to play the ball = red card. You don’t get a free kick on the attacker just because he is in the box.

I’m sure I’ve told you this before.

1 Like

The Suárez penalty was soft as fuck. The ref was behind play so probably though that the arm over the shoulder was significant enough to stop Suárez from getting to the ball.

Not sure why I’ve read some people (Not here) say that the foul on Neymar for their third goal wasn’t a penalty though. The fact it wasn’t a deliberate foul doesn’t change the fact there was clearly contact, and enough to stop Neymar from making the most of the chance.

1 Like

There’s no way that’s given as a red card outside the box either, although I actually agree with you that it should be a red.

It’s denial of a goal scoring opportunity and if the ref judges it as such outside of the box he’d be mental to not send him off. Also if the foot goes a little higher we’re in Rooney/Xhaka territory (slight exaggeration) and so definitely where the attempt to not play the ball and coming from behind should at least be considered a red card. If anything, with the potential of technology being a thing, I wouldn’t mind if they toughened up on the law making and made blatant attempts to only hurt the player more commonly a red card.

Nobody talked about the Neymar kick.
That was not a tackle, but a retaliation.
Straight red plus suspension. No way it was a yellow.

Tbh there would have also been at least 2 red cards for dives and late tackles in that game. It ultimately won’t take away that Barcelona played well though.

No question about this, PPB.
They are probably the best team (still) in the world.
If you are the best team in the world, you don’t need those shambolic behavior to take advantage on the opponents to win game(s).
The Neymar kick was intentional, all their dives were intentional. These players (Neymar, Suarez, Busquest, Alba, Alves…) are doing this season after season, game after game.
Before anyone who want to praise Neymar’s freekick, PK and game winning assist… he should have been sent off long time ago.
I just want to puke.

1 Like

That’s true in theory but when you’re chasing a 4 goals deficit it often becomes also a matter of taking every single advantage and decision you can get. Don’t get me wrong I’m not at all saying that I think it’s ok, but it’s most of the times going to be impossible without it.

You’re right though that they should have ideally been off for diving or fouling by that time.

2 Likes

Looked a great tracking back. Di Maria bottled it tough.

He does get hit on his non-shooting foot’s ankle. It seems to me from the replay that the shot has been taken before he gets tripped. Regardless, he could have layed off a pass sideways for a tap-in or simply hit the ball better in case he did shoot before the trip.

PSG had their chances to bury the game. But they didn’t take them, plus conceding 6. Man, it’s what it is. To put this on the ref is easy, they simply should never have conceded that many to begin with.

Come on… winning or losing, at home or away, leading or trailing, these assholes have been playing like this for years.
Chasing whatever number of goals or protecting a lead is not an excuse.
Cunt is a cunt. Cheater is a cheater.

Image Leicester going through today :bellerin:

Who cares they sure as fuck wont win it, see those guys against Bayern or Barca or RM they will be destroyed just as bad as we were.

I can certainly picture it.

:coq:

2 Likes

I meant the english media would have another dig at us, FFS!