UEFA Champions League

Rooting for Wijnaldum.

1 Like

If Liverpool make the final its a very big deal. Even if they lose they have arrived back on the big stage. Their brand is big and will attract big sponsors and partners going forward. Also likely to attract better players and highlights a big failing by the board and Wenger not making change here sooner.

2 Likes

The idea of supporting Liverpool in the final makes me sick to my somach but I guess it would be good for England’s coefficient

Cracks me up when people say its fixed for Real this season or that it’s boring. Bayern had more than enough chances to end them.

4 Likes

Can’t fix a back pass like that haha

1 Like

Yeah. Bayern blew it. Bad finishing is the same as bad defending. They managed both in 3 hours of football.

3 Likes

Ok, but we all know they got lucky af playing porto, a perennial underachieving City in Europe, and Roma. Had they met Bayern, Barca or Madrid sooner it woulda been a wrap long ago for this mostly mediocre team bar Salah. They are hardly holding a top 4 spot in the PL. I’ll bet my house Madrid will dispatch them with ease and Ronaldo will hoist the Ballon D’or again next year. That’s just reality.

Edit: oh yeah that’s if they don’t blow it tonight which tbh wouldn’t surprise me one bit either.

Real Madrid aren’t getting enough credit here. I’ve heard some people say they’ve had all the luck blah blah blah. Perhaps they’ve had some, but you don’t get to three CL finals in a row on luck alone.

It’s an incredible achievement! Especially this season given the draw and the teams they’ve had to get past.

8 Likes

You’re making a prediction, you can’t call that a reality haha.

I’d be willing to bet you that it won’t be easy for Real by a long shot. Madrid gave Bayern a boatload of chances and I’m pretty confident that Liverpool’s front three would not be anywhere near as profligate.

2 Likes

Its to be hoped they do blow it, but the reality is their there on merit. Not for one minute have they been lucky to get here. They cant control the draw. They also destroyed City who where getting touted as europes best side by some this year.

Coefficient doesn’t matter anymore. The four big Leagues all have gotten 4 entries for the group stage/play offs.

2 Likes

It’s half a prediction, the reality is that they were so very fortunate to get here not having to play any of europes elite until the final. Which is where the prediction part comes in, they’ll lose. But I’m not really going out on a limb there now am I?

Man City are arguably the best side in Europe at the moment and Liverpool beat them in both legs.

Please don’t go on about City never having won the CL so they are no good, we know how much you rave on about the big bad EPL & City will crack 100 points.

1 Like

Fuck Liverpool then

Although it would be great for bragging rights in Europe if Liverpool and Arsenal both won the CL and EL.

So tired of all those arrogant Barca/Real fans chatting shit about La Liga.

2 Likes

I don’t use twitter much or live in Spain so this couldn’t be less of an issue haha.

6 Likes

Yeah fair, it’s fucking insufferable on Reddit.

I guess that’s on me though.

2 Likes

Can see Roma scoring a couple and so Liverpool today.

Wonder how much Perez has spent in buying Cekir?

1 clear pen, I hear another but didn’t watch.

He’s consistently given decisions real Madrid’s way. Remember Nani’s red lol.

Really want Liverpool to do these fucks tbh.

But no matter what happens, evil will win anyway.

What a shit competition. Europa is better anyways :cristo:

2 Likes

Here we go. Roma fans are thugs.

And they’re not even the worst team in Rome :see_no_evil:

If Roma fans are thugs, how would you describe Lazio fans?

1 Like