UEFA Champions League

We’d beat Real.

2 Likes

Can see us beating Real Madrid as well, probably get Juventus in the quarters at a guess, quite fancy Villareal to make it to the semis this year and then some no mark team in the final.

1 Like

Don’t fancy us to beat Madrid at all, would fancy us to take a promising lead only to go down to a late Ramos header or Penaldo penalty.

1 Like

You’d love it if the Arsenal were in town :stuck_out_tongue:

More about you being in town, guapa.

“Penaldo” come on now even I thought you were better than that.

Why? Never has a nickname been more descriptive of a player’s qualities as a footballer.

Yeah you’re massively underselling him there, even if you dislike the guy if he’d played for Arsenal the past five years they’d definitely have won more than just the fa cup, even with wenger in charge.

2 Likes

Not sure about that, certainly the last couple years in a club like Arsenal he wouldn’t stand out over Alexis or Özil, as they’re better footballers at this point. Before then, before his decline, maybe.

You know that thing where when AC doesn’t like someone they become really really bad at football? :smile:

Edit: Btw, can you expand upon how 35 and 48 league (!) goals in the last couple of seasons wouldn’t stand out at Arsenal?

4 Likes

You do know your team have really damaged us, don’t you? :bellerin:

376 goals in 365 games for Real.
80 goals in 81 CL games for Real.
260 league goals in 7 seasons

3x FIFA Balon d’or/FIFA World Player of the year
4x European Golden Shoe
9x FIFPro World XI (consecutive)
10x UEFA team of the year
7x ESM team of the year
5x CL top scorer
All time highest Portugal goal scorer
3x CL winner

I don’t like him. Never have been a huge fan of his playing style but he’s one of the greatest to ever play the game.

3 Likes

359 of those were penalties though.

7 Likes

Que pages and pages of waffle from AC trying to justify his stupid comment instead of just admitting he’s talking bollocks

4 Likes

Most of those were dodgy penalties as well.

1 Like

Ronaldo should go down as one of the greatest.

It just irks me that he is considered comparable to Messi.
Ronaldo is tier below Messi.

1 Like

Statistically they aren’t too dissimilar in numbers and you also have to factor in the fact they’ve pretty much shared all the major individual honours over the last 8 years between themselves.

However… I believe Messi is the greatest and definitely a level above CR7.

3 Likes

Ronaldo will always be remembered for winning the Euro while Messi won’t. Surely that has to count for something.

6 Likes

It’s well documented how those goals come in games where Madrid are bulldozing opposition or from the penalty spot. Last season in late March he still had not scored one goal that would change a Madrid result (counting penalties, amazingly), not sure if he ever did (that was when the stat came out).

Pointless to put those numbers out without mentioning how many came from the penalty spot.

There’s a huge difference between playing for Real Madrid when you have the likes of Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Bale, James, etc. etc. playing for you (Ronaldo) and playing for Arsenal where you have the likes of Flamini, Ramsey, Campbell, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott, and Giroud playing for you.

Of course Ronaldo was a very good player before his decline, where did I say otherwise? He remained overrated because his stunning egoism and the fact the biggest club in the world always played FOR HIM meant his numbers were inflated, but before 2014 or so he was sometimes the 2nd best player in the world (always a long, long way off Messi though, statistically too if you bother to give the stats some interest and context), when at his peak, and when he could still dribble past my grandma. :wink: