The 21st Century’s 100 greatest films

Watch Spirited Away

1 Like

Requiem for a Dream is a lighthearted and inspirational tale. Very uplifting.

3 Likes

Re: In the Mood for Love you think so? Why? Not a fan of Wong Kar Wai? Or just In the Mood for Love in particular?

@Trion so which film did you end up watching?

I watched ‘About a boy’ & ‘Cool runnings’.
But will be downloading the recommended two, as with new job I have to travel a lot.

Sorry @Electrifying & @JakeyBoy, By the time you guys suggested, I already decided on the movies :smiley:

1 Like

Good choices. :thumbsup:

Off the top of my head the only other Wong Kar Wai film I can think of is My Blueberry Nights, which I despised.

I just found In the Mood for Love artsy for arts sake, without really having anything much to say, and desperately slow. Or maybe I just overdosed on unrequited love stories that get told at a snail pace while I lived in China, since that’s basically everything they do outside of Kung Fu. Don’t get me wrong though, usually I love Chinese cinema.

The Matrix needs to be there.

4 Likes

Wait, are we saying Cool Runnings was in the top 100 list for 21st century best ever films?

Acting like you don’t cry when they pick that bobsleigh up and carry it over the finish line together.

3 Likes

Cool Runnings was released in 1993

I would love to know what the criteria is on what defines these films as the best films off the 21st century cause spring breakers and mad max:FR are shit and A:I is a good film its just the ending off it that makes the film bad.

Also one hour photo should have been on that list

I can’t properly describe how much I love that film.

1 Like

Like any of that hipster critic list makes sense.

1 Like