Super Mario potentially available

yea, that’s true, but you’re also not going to get a player in Gomez who’ll chase loose balls and get on the end of through balls that are put towards him. Gomez for the most part was very strong at running towards crosses and bullying his way to be the first on the ball, but that’s hardly something that has been our strength in recent years. Maybe if we adapt our game to more wing play and actually use wingers and full-backs that know how to beat their man, get to the by-line and know how to cross we’d be playing to his strengths, but as long as we don’t I see it more of a trade-off than it is a clear upgrade.

That being said I’d gladly take these qualities in a starting striker, but by the looks of it it doesn’t seem likely that we’ll have one for next season.

1 Like

He can’t be Giroud’s replacement, just too old.
With a fair price, he would be a great additional for us. Experienced and effective in front of goal.

He will play a 1 vs 1 with @Persona in his personal garden.

1 Like

Moved this to Rumour Mill, firstly as it may be a better fit here…Surely a 1 year loan deal for him is a good option given that he wants out fast and we need a striker, even short term.

Secondly So I could test out how to move threads about…so much easier here!

1 Like

Would happily have him for a season.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind at all

1 Like