Sunderland vs Arsenal (Premier League)

There should be no way this team doesn’t beat them.

I hate that NBC waiting tune, would rather watch commercials to be honest.

Not feeling confident for this one if I’m honest. Has all the makings of one of our capitulations to a bottom half team away from home. Our win percentage is crap without Cazorla as well.

Lovely cross by the Ox and a dominant header by my FPL captain. Created a lot of.openings already and deservedly 1-0 up 20 minutes in.

Sounds like Atkinson the fat useless old bastard has fucked us again.

He is worse than Dean, a terrible unfit ref.

2 Likes

Giroud you fucking hero. What a player to bring off the bench!

2 Likes

Fucking hell we are savaging them now, for daring to be uppity.

What a time

2 Likes

Fucking hate our casual approach in front of goal in games like this. So nearly cost us today until Giroud came on with a real sense of importance and drive. Without him we wouldn’t have come close to salvaging these three points. The depth makes all the difference and is why I consider us serious contenders this season. We have the cover to pull us out of situations when we’re serving up lackadaisical shite.

3 Likes

Olly really saved us today. It would have been criminal not to beat them today with a large margin. They are such a poor side.

1 Like

Made it more difficult but then cruised to the finish line - no injuries and a few players coming back. 3 points was key and we did the business. Nice to see AMN get a run out too.

1 Like

Ended up missing most of the match, but glad to see Giroud come off the bench and score some important goals.

Sunderland look fucked, but then they some how always end up staying up. Surely they’ve out stayed their time in the Premier League.

2 Likes

Great win. :slight_smile: Giroud and Alexis brilliant!

1 Like

Alexis was clearly MOTM for us today, even if Atkinson did all he could to stop that from happening.

2 points from 10 games is the worst ever start to a season in the history of football since it began back in 1992. Man City also had 2 points after 10 in the 90s, but a better goal difference.

Even Big Sam and his tattered reputation can’t save this lot.

2 Likes
1 Like

Totally agree.

We should have put this to bed with milk and cookies before half time. That sort of approach will bite us in the arse against a better team.

Still a good win though. Sunderland are shite but no away game is easy in this league. Fine introduction for Giroud too. If he can be our go to man in these type of situations and do the role well, we have a shot at the title with these sort of options.

I was fuming about how shit Atkinson had been as a ref. Denied us a pen then minutes later awards them one. Not to mention Pienaar should have been off with two yellows. Giroud did exactly what we all thought he could in a tight match where we needed some love from set pieces. We could have scored 6 today if we had our shooting boots on, Özil himself fluffed a couple chances. In the end though 3 points job done.

4 Likes

same old Arsenal but different another season we could have choked but after the setback they kept going . standards of refereeing were again appaling