Summer Departures 2017

If you order a GK shirt for next season Szczesny’s name is not even an option on our online kit builder :sob: Ospina is on there though which is odd as he seems closer to the exit door. Seems ludicrous to let them both go without any kind of replacement.

And despite him not playing for us for the last two years, out of all our likely leavers Woj is the one I’d be most sad to see go, but seems like a sure thing now.

1 Like

These are the players that I think will be sold

Ospina
Chesney
Debuchy
Wilshere
Perez
Ox
Jenkinson
Gubbs
Campbell

Some I want to leave and others I don’t

[quote=“Phoebica, post:21, topic:1574”]
If you order a GK shirt for next season Szczesny’s name is not even an option on our online kit builder :sob: Ospina is on there though which is odd as he seems closer to the exit door. Seems ludicrous to let them both go without any kind of replacement.

And despite him not playing for us for the last two years, out of all our likely leavers Woj is the one I’d be most sad to see go, but seems like a sure thing now.
[/quote]It feels like a real shame the Woj project seems to be coming to a conclusion. He was like a breath of fresh air when he came in at a young age and performed strongly. Suppose it wasn’t too difficult to be better than Almunia, but still :wenger: He really felt strongly towards the club. I’ll never forget the excitement he had when Arshavin scored the famous winner against Barcelona :smiley:

I guess ultimately, his rather erratic tendencies and the whole ‘cigarette’ gate, dented his relations with Arsene. But I’d like to think he’s matured and benefitted well from his time at Roma to be given another go here.

2 Likes

Ospina, Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Perez, Campbell, Wilshere, Sanogo, Lucas Perez and maybe Chambers, Szczesny and Elneny.

Why the hell would we get rid of chambers and Elneny?

1 Like

Exactly. He is a reliable back up.

2 Likes

£35m Wilshere
£10-15m Gibbs
£15m Woj
£10-15m Perez

That’s £80m if you get all the upper values, not including Ospina Debuchy Campbell etc.

These are all numbers that have been reported in the media etc., not just making it up.

It’s crazy I know, the transfer market is fucked.

In reality there should be a decimal point in there between the 1st and 2nd numbers if the transfer market wasn’t so messed up. I remember the days when £30m was a top tier player…god dammit i am as old as hell!

I’m not a fan of Chambers and actually he is our 6th or 7th option on defense behid Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Holding, Gabriel and Mertesacker. At the moment he is away for the Euro U21 and when he will return, I don’t know if he will have a place as starter for the friendly game to prove his quality into the back three. The best solution for me is to sell him.

Elneny is the 4th choice behind Xhaka, Ramsey and Coquelin. Arsenal need an upgrade on technical level (a long term replacement for Santi Cazorla) and can’t sacrifice the only one BRM in the squad to sign an all-round playmaker. Would Elneny accept to be the 4th/5th choice in the season before the World Cup? He is still young and deserves to play.

Walcott’s situation is quite interesting, only 2 years left on his deal but 28 years old. I don’t think it’s a good idea to sell him this summer but I’m not for renewing him either.

1 Like

Not to mention who the fuck wants to spend 140k a week on some dick who’s greatest sporting ambition is scoring enough goals so his wife will buy him a cunting coffee maker.

2 Likes

Can’t believe we’re still talking about Theos coffee machine. We do love to fixate on pointless stuff. it was a throwaway comment he made trying to be clever/cute and completely in keeping with his clean cut family image.

I really don’t care what motivates players as long as something does.

Would certainly explain why Theo’s spent a fucking decade at this club.

1 Like

It’s almost like JD sports dont really know what our clubs transfer business is. :giroud3:

Sell deadwood players. No problem.

I get the feeling every club will have a situation like this that’s relatively easy to get around whether it be by selling players or by the structuring of contracts, and that it’s just that the media happened to pick up on this one.

2 Likes

Yep, its a self imposed cap (as in the PL teams agreed to it). They aren’t dopes and they will easily manoeuvre around it.